Chapter 16

That Same Night...

[Phoenix's POV]

"Hey..."

Hannah: "Hey..." (Laughs) "What's on your mind?" (Smiles)

"You've been here for a month now. Is something wrong?"

Hannah: "Of course not. Do you want me to leave?" (Looks down sadly.)

"No; of course not. I'm just worried because you told me you were only going to stay for two weeks." (Looks at her with concern.)

Hannah: "There's something I've been trying to tell you."

"What?"

Hannah: "I'm planning to enroll in you're beautiful school." (Smiles widely)

"You're not lying to me, right?!"

Hannah: "No! I'm totally serious. I've already talked to my parents. They said that I can stay as long as I keep my grades up."

"Have you told them about Kaj?" (Raises eyebrows.)

Hannah: "Nope... Stop looking at me like that. I'll tell them, eventually..."

"You know how strict and protective your dad is. 'Daddy's Little Girl'."

Hannah: "Shut up. I'm not worried about Daddy. He'll cave soon enough. He always does."

"Alright. I'm excited. I'll finally have you around all the time. Have you renounced to everything back home?"

Hannah: "I'm getting to that. I've just been pretty busy with Kaj and shopping."

"So the usual..."

Hannah: "Yup. I'll take care of everything I promise."