four

It was 2:00 in the morning and Cameron's friends were being really loud.

I walked down stairs and they were all sitting by the TV playing FIFA.

"hey Kylie" Cameron said from the couch.

"cameron can I talk to you?" I asked.

"sure." He said walking to the kitchen.

"what's wrong?" he asked.

"will you please tell your friends to shut up!" I said kind of mad.

"woah calm down. We are just having fun." He said.

"well I'm just trying to sleep and I can't" I said.

"fine whatever." He said marching out of the kitchen. I followed him out there.

"sorry for being loud Kylie" they said.

"It's fine. Just please be quiet." I said before walking to the steps.

I walked to the end of the hallways and went into my room.

They started yelling and being loud again.

I groaned and went onto the roof I could still hear them so I shut my window.

I  laid out there for a long time. watching the stars and thinking.

Slowly it got colder and I got tired. I stood up and went over to my window.

I tried to open it but wouldn't move. I pulled the window up but it was stuck. I messed with it for a few more minutes until I realized these windows were auto locked. If you shut the window, it automatically locked.

That was so smart, yet stupid at the same time.

I climbed over to Nash's window and it was locked too.

I decided to text Nash and tell him to come open the window for me.

To Nash: Come here. I'm stuck outside. on the roof. Next to your window.

A minute later I heard the window open.

I climbed in and expected to see nash but in stead I saw... jack? the guy I met earlier. why did he come up here?

"oh uh hi" I said awkwardly.

"nash sent me up here because he was in an 'intense' game of Fifa." he laughed.

god his teeth were so white and his laugh, oh my god his laugh. i didn't expect cameron's friends to be so hot.

"so why were you on the roof? next to nash's room?" he asked.

"you see, you guys were being too loud and I really just needed to think and I couldn't even hear my own thoughts because of you guys so i went outside and I shut the window so I didn't have to hear you all. Then I couldn't get back in so I went next to Nash's window and tried to open it but it wouldn't open either and I got too tired of climbing so I just texted him to open the window and here I am now." I said almost out of breath.

"oh sorry for being loud" He said messing with his hair.

"I accept your apology" I smiled.

He started laughing again. I couldn't help but smile at how cute he was.

"What?"

"No one ever says 'I accept your apology' anymore" He smiled.

"Well I do because of you says it's okay then it's okay for them to do it again." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Ooh wise" He nodded his head.

It was quiet and awkward for a minute.

"Well I should probably get back downstairs to the boys" he said putting his hands in his pockets.

"You should come downstairs it'll be fun" He said noting his hand towards the steps.

"how about no" I laughed

"Cmon please!" He begged.

"no. I don't even like half the people down there" I shrugged.

"Really like who?" He crossed his arms.

"cameron, um well I guess I just don't like cameron" I laughed.

"why?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"he's a dick" I answered.

for some reason that made Jack laugh really hard.

"what? he is" I mumbled.

"cam is like my best friend. he isn't anywhere near a dick. He so nice and down to earth." Jack said with a huge smile on his face.

"Well he is to me" I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah I'm sure. I'd like to see him act like that" Jack said looking me straight in the eyes.

"Seriously he told me I wasn't allowed to date any guys or cuss." I said.

"Well that isn't being a dick" Jack stated.

"Then he told me I wasn't allowed to date any of you guys. but I'm fine with that because your all ugly." I said pretending to gag.

"You are so mean!" He said with his hand over his heart.

"I was just kidding, don't worry." I laughed.

"But still just give Cameron a chance. I'm pretty sure you end up being best friends or something like that." He said.

"Yeah if I don't go live back with Gina." I mumbled.

"What do you mean?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows together.

OKAY ENOUGH WITH THE EYEBROWS. THEY ARE LITERALLY MAKING ME MELT INSIDE.

"I have one week to decide if I want to stay here or go back home to arizona and live with Gina like I normally do." I said.

"well I'm going to make this week awesome because I want you to stay Kayla!" He cheered.

"why? you barely know me" I giggled.

"kayla, you are my best friend you can't leave." He said wrapping his arms around me squeezing me.

"You barely know me" I laughed.

"I know you well enough that you can be my bestfriend" He cheesed really hard.

"jack!" Someone called. shit it was Cameron.

I tried pushing Jack off of me but he wouldn't move.

"jack what the fuck! get off of her!" Cameron yelled running over to us.

"dude relax I was giving kayla a best friend hug" he said trying to calm him down.

"Okay her name isn't kayla. kylie are you okay?" He asked coming over to me.

I just rolled my eyes,"see he's a dick"

"kayla, He's not a dick. He's just over protective of you because he cares a lot about you and doesn't want you to get hurt" Jack said.

"I'm confused. why are you calling her kayla? and why do you think I'm a dick?" Cameron asked us.

"Her nickname is Kayla" Jack explained.

"See I thought you were a dick because you made up these stupid rules but then I never really thought about what Jack said about being over protective and stuff." I answered.

"You really thought I was a dick?" He sighed. I could tell that made him upset.

"sorry" I said quietly.

"It's okay. Just please understand that I'm not trying to be mean, I was just doing this stuff because I care about you." He said staring me straight in the eyes.

"I understand." I said staring at the ground.

"I'm gonna go to bed now." I said rushing off to my room.