Chapter Six

Two days earlier - Fairy Tail guild
No one's POV

It was a quiet day at Fairy Tail. There had been a wild blowout the day before, so most of the members were still tired. Lucy was at the bar, getting breakfast from Mira. Levy was deeply engrossed in a mystery/action novel, her fork in mid-air with egg dripping off, as she eagerly flipped pages. Laxus was slumped at a table, looking bored. The rest of the Thunder Tribe were lounging near him. Gray was talking quietly to Elfman and Lisanna. Romeo was placidly chewing on a piece of toast, listening to his dad and Wakaba yap. Jet and Droy were slumped across the table from Levy, slightly hungover. Cana was chugging beer in a corner and Erza was chowing down on strawberry cake. A few certain dragon slayers, exceeds, and a water Mage were all missing, which was why the guild was so quiet.

Just then, Gajeel strolled in with Lily. "Good morning, you two. Would you like some breakfast?" Mira asked.

"Just coffee." The iron dragon slayer groaned. Mira handed him a cup.

"And I would like a-oh, thank you." Mira handed Lily some kiwi before he had even finished speaking. The pair wandered over to Shadow Gear.

"Scoot over, Shrimp." Levy didn't even look up. Gajeel grunted and plopped down on her right. Lily settled on her left. Lucy sat down at the table behind them and leaned over the back of the seat.

"Levy-chan!" She poked Levy in the cheek and giggled when the blue-haired girl jumped.  "Enjoying the book?"

"O-oh, Lu-chan! Yes, it's very good and I'm almost done...." Levy's voice trailed off as her eyes wandered longingly back towards the page.

"Really? Where are you at?" Lucy reached over and plucked the book right out of Levy's hands.

"Ah! Hey!"

"Oh wow, you are almost done! Want me to tell you how it ends?"

"Nooooooooo! Give it back Lu-chan, pleeeeease!" Lucy was teasingly holding the book out of Levy's reach, causing the small girl to press against Gajeel in her attempts to get it back.

"O-oi! Don't get me involved in this, Bunny Girl!"

"I'm not a bunny girl!" Lucy shrieked, causing everyone to wince.

"Please, not so loud." Droy moaned as he rubbed his head.

"I knew the quiet wouldn't last as soon as that idiot walked in here." Laxus grumbled, getting up and walking over to the bar with Freed in tow.

"Gajeel! Don't call Lu-chan that! And gimme back my boooooook!"

"Fine, fine." Lucy sulkily handed it over. Levy sighed in relief and slid down Gajeel. She settled back onto the bench, but Gajeel couldn't help but notice she was sitting a lot closer than before.

Just then, Natsu walked in with Happy floating along behind him. "Miiiiiiiiiira! I'm huuuuungry!" He hollered.

"Yes, yes. Just sit down and I'll bring it over." Mira sighed.

"Yaaaay!" Natsu threw himself down next to Lucy. "Luce, where'd you go this mornin'? You disappeared all of a sudden!"

"I did not! You two are the ones who feel back asleep on my floor!" Lucy grabbed one end of his scarf. "And how many times do I have to tell you, quit sneaking into my house!"

"Natsu, here's your food." Lisanna appeared on his other side. Natsu turned toward her to grab his food.

"Hey." Lucy tugged on his scarf. "Are you listening to me?" Natsu turned back and opened his mouth to reply when Lisanna interrupted.