Chapter Four

Gajeel's POV

"No offense sir, but....what exactly do you want us to do?" Raios asked.

"Well," Gramps answered. "I was hoping the two of you could give us some fresh perspective on the problem. With the pheromones seven times their normal level for each of the four dragon slayers, who're all in one guild, well....you see the problem. We have members who're already being affected and mating season just started. We're trying to avoid battles that leave one or both parties seriously injured-"

"Or dead." I interrupted. "Ya got that many pheromones floatin' around, there's gonna be at least one chick who goes full-on she-dragon."

"There is that possibility, though I hope you're wrong." The old man sighed.

"So what solutions have you come up with?" Raios asked, leaning forward. As they started yappin', I closed my eyes and tried to ignore them. But when I ignored them, I could feel it come back at full force.

The tugging. The need to go out into the world and find that one scent. The scent of my female. The one I would take and treasure. The one I would raise my hatchlings with. Which didn't even make any goddamn sense,  'cause I'm human. I'm not a fucking giant lizard; my kids would be born, not hatched. And as for the girl....no girl would want me. Not once the pheromones tellin' her to love me wore off. I'm an ex-criminal who beats things up for a livin' and is covered in metal piercings, for fucks sake! But it was still there. The tugging.

I growled and smacked the side of my head. Didn't help. Actually made my headache worse. Upgraded super senses, especially smell, isn't as fun as it sounds. When my senses first changed two days ago, just waking up almost caused me to throw up. I ended up scrubbing the whole house. Lily probably thought I was nuts, complainin' about a moldy smell from a clean-lookin' corner, but he just kinda let me be for awhile. Then he dragged me outta the house, sayin' I needed a break from cleanin'. If I'da known what was comin', I think I woulda fought harder to stay home.....

"Gajeel-san?" A tiny voice asked. I grunted in response. "U-um, are you feeling okay? You looked like you were in pain there for awhile..."

"I'm fine." I answered, looking at the little dragon slayer upside down. "It's just that this idiot ( I whacked myself in the side of the head again ) won't shuddup!"

"You're already communicating with your inner dragon?!" The old man looked disturbed and was nervous. Could smell it. The others could too, judging by the way they shifted uncomfortably.

"Nah," I answered. "That comes later. Right now it's just a little tugging. It's probably gonna get worse though. A lot worse."

"Why you first?" Asked the blonde.

I shrugged. "'Cause I'm the oldest, I guess." Lucky me I thought sourly.

"But not you?" Blondie peered at Lightning Face.

He shifted his weight slightly. "I have a dragon lacrima embedded in me. Let's me use dragon lightning and go through dragon mating season, apparently." His face settled into a sour expression. Somethin' I could understand.

I chuckled. "No dragon magic user gets a 'no-mating-season-for-you' card. It's a side effect ya gotta live with." He glowered at me and i chuckled again. Did that idiot really think he'd be able to harness dragon magic without any of the side effects? As much as I sympathize...

Suddenly, Wendy gasped and sat up straight like somebody poked her with a pin. "What about that other guy?!"

We all looked at each other. "What 'other guy'?" Salamander asked, raising his head a bit.

"The poison dragon who fought with Oracion Seis! What was his name?! Uh....um....it was a kind of snake...uhhhhh...."

"Cobra." Salamander said, nodding his head. Crap, what about this snake guy? We all looked at each other and then at Gramps.

"If I recall correctly, he's an artificial dragon slayer like Laxus....and he didn't have the seven year skip...."

"He's also in jail." Lily added from the doorway.

Gramps nodded. "That too." We just looked at each other in silence. "Well," Gramps said suddenly. "We can't do anything about it right now. If he somehow gets free while he's affected, then we'll worry about it. For right now, let's focus at the problem at hand." We all nod. Honestly though, I'm not sure how we would take him down if his instincts had kicked in too the point where he could fight his way out of prison. If one of us tried to do it, I'm pretty sure we'd end up on a fight to the death, dragon male versus dragon male.

"Anyone have any ideas?" The old man asked wearily.

"A couple." Answered Raios.

"Nope!" Answered Blondie at the same time, grinning like an idiot. A very familiar idiot.... Dear Mother of Mavis, it's a blond fucking Salamander! They even idiotically grin the same! I groaned inwardly. This is gonna be a looooooooooooong season. If I'm stuck with Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumb-er this entire time, I'm gonna murder someone. Preferably them.

For those who were confused, Raios is the name Gajeel knew Rogue by, way back when Gajeel was in Phantom Lord. ( I probably spelled it wrong...) They touch on this in the Grand Magic Games arc. Honestly, I'm not sure whether to put Cobra in here or not. I know even less about him than anyone else, but I feel that even if he doesn't show up, he still deserves a cameo as he is indeed a dragon slayer.....