Chapter Fourteen

Rogue's POV

By unspoken agreement, none of us dragon slayers have mentioned anything potentially embarrassing we've heard. We can't help overhearing; our ears are just too powerful right now. So when Gajeel came downstairs for breakfast, none of us mentioned what had happened the night before.

"Not as good as fire, but it'll do." Natsu said through a mouthful of food.

Erza-san glared at him. "Are you insulting my food?"

"N-no..."

Taking advantage of the momentary chaos, Sting leaned towards me slightly. "This sounds terrible, but I'm glad it was a nightmare." He muttered to me so quietly, I could barely hear him. I nodded slightly, glancing at Gajeel-sama across the table. He had cleared his plate and was now staring at it blankly, absentmindedly chewing on his fork. What Sting said did sound terrible, but it was true. It couldn't be helped; it was dragon mating season. Inevitably, slayers are going to have, uh, romantic dreams about their mates. Natsu is by far the loudest. I have no idea how little Wendy sleeps with him around. Her exceed probably gave her earplugs. Hopefully.

Makarov cleared his throat. "If I could have your attention please." We all quieted down. "Today, we're going to... Gajeel, what are you doing?"

"Ah? Oh shit, sorry Gramps. Habit."

"Never mind, just finish it. But from now on, could you please stop eating my silverware?"

"Whatever ya say."

"Ahem." Makarov focused back on the group. "Today we're going to pack up and move to a more secure location."

"The boat?" Wendy asked. I instantly felt nauseous and all the dragon slayers  turned various shade of green.

"No! I'm not going on that death trap!" Natsu shot up in his chair, slammed one foot on the table, and got into a battle stance. His fists flared up and his eyes glinted, reflecting the flames. "Natsu, sit down." Makarov said warningly. Natsu growled and the flames rose higher. Wendy, who was on his left, scooted away from him.

"When I was communicating with the guild," Erza said calmly. "Lucy had marks on her upper arms." Natsu hesitated. "She had trouble using them without wincing and was limping very badly."

"And that was with people interferin'. Can ya imagine what woulda happened if they hadn't been there?" Gajeel added from Natsu's right. That did it. Natsu paled and the flames died immediately. He meekly sat back down, shamefaced. Satisfied there would be no further interruptions, Makarov directed us upstairs to pack. It didn't take very long; no one had much to pack. We all grouped in his office when we were done and waited. After a little bit, we heard the front door open and Juvia-san entered with the Fairy Tail master, struggling to carry a large bag that clinked with every step.

I noticed Gajeel-sama sniffing the air. "Smells like a lotta metal." He muttered. "And Shrimp." His eyes glinted for a second before he shook his head and they returned to normal.

"In order to keep you from causing chaos when we transport you, I had Juvia bring these." He gestured to the water Mage, who tipped the bag over and an enormous number of chains rattled onto the floor. "They've been enchanted to nullify dragon magic as well, so you should be doubly secured."

Surprisingly, there were no objections, so Erza-san and Pantherlily went about fitting everyone. The three male Fairies had their wrists cuffed tightly together and chains wrapped around their arms to about the elbows, keeping their arms in a V-shape in front of them.

"Wouldn't it make more sense to have their hands behind their backs?" Juvia-san asked.

Master shook his head. "No. If they fall, they'll need their arms in front to catch themselves."