Chapter Five : Affection and Chaos ♥

"Is my beautiful girl tired?" He whispered.

I just smiled and nodded. I have a good enough reason to feel tired. When we finished our preparations he thought it would be funny to grab the Chucky doll in his closet and chase me around the house, doll in hand. Damn thing scares me to death. It was a rush and we laughed our butts off, but boy was I beat.

We were now laying down and relaxed-me on top of him-with our sweaty faces facing each other. He was playing with a strand of my hair. Our bodies were so close I could feel his heart beat against mine. They beat this incessant hammering in sync to one another, creating a beautiful melody.

"Why do you still try to get these two together even though you hate Ashton?" Jon asked out of the blue, breaking the comfortable silence.

"I don't hate him. He's the one that detests me." I admitted.

"And you still won't tell me why?" Jon guessed after a brief pause.

I nodded my head. "Smart boy. You catch on fast." Seeing my reluctance to answer, he dropped the topic. For that I was thankful.

Another pause followed. "Can I ask you a different question then?" He furrowed his eyebrows in concentration to another wavy lock he played with. Jon stood up, forcing us to sit upright in the sofa with me on his lap. He looked straight into my eyes.

"Shoot away, Mr. Holloway." I smiled teasingly.

"If...If we weren't close friends would you...Would you..?" He trailed off looking far away. It's almost as if he was just now regretting the question he was going to ask.

"Would I...?" I prompted for him to continue, lacing my fingers with his.

"Uh, would you," He cleared his throat. "Make me a sandwich?"

I narrowed my eyes, taking in his question. I mean, seriously? Talk about sexist! "You're such a guy!"

I jumped off his lap and ran to the opposite sofa. I threw a pillow at him, a devilish smirk erupting on my face. He returned with a pillow of his own, which I gracefully returned with two more that were behind me.

"Oh, it's on!" he declared, the edges of his lips curling up.

"Bring it," I grabbed another pillow and prepared myself for the upcoming battle.

"I thought you didn't believe in pillow fights."

He shrugged. "Things change."

"Put the pillow down and I won't inflict any physical damage on you." I warned him playfully while fluffing my pillow. He seemed to have trouble keeping in his laughter, as if the thought of me being able to hurt him was funny. How dare he! The red pillow flew in his direction.

It was war.

He ran full speed at me with a single large pillow. Luckily I was able to dodge just in time, causing for poor Jon to fall flat on his butt.

"Ha! You can't touch this." I gestured down at my body.

He muttered something under his breath I couldn't quite pick up. Jon grabbed his discarded pillow from the floor with that same determined look in his eye. I moved back involuntarily-out of instinct, I guess-to the wall.

"Oh no!" My eyes widened in fear as he stepped closer, cornering me.

"Oh yes." He shook his head throwing the pillow he held in his arms to some corner of the room. I raised a skeptical eyebrow, and before I could question his motives he had me on the floor, tickling my sides.

"S-s-stop! No! N-N-Jon! I said stop!" I squealed in between giggles.

"Make me." He taunted.

I looked around for something I could use against him, but couldn't think of anything. Then, I noticed what position we were in. He was above me with his legs on either side holding me down, my legs in between his own. Rookie mistake. "You asked fo-for it." I giggled a bit more, and lifted my knee up to hit him where the sun don't shine. He effectively stopped tickling me, and fell to the ground besides me with an "Oompf"