Chapter Thirteen : Road Trip

It's been a week since Jon asked me to tag along on the camping trip. I can't wait to be out in the wilderness with Jonathan. It will be perf.

"You ready to go, Mels?" Jon asked from his sitting position on my bed.

"Almost." I told him, shoving another set of clothing into my navy blue duffel bag. 

"Now I'm done." I declared after grabbing my yellow bumble bee pillow and a pack of Skittles.

"Great." He jumped off the bed, grabbing me in his arms, and carrying me down the stairs.

"Off to the wilderness we go." I pointed straight ahead.

"Ouch." He winced mockingly after I slapped his butt playfully when he put me down.

"You are such a girl." I punched his arm, giggling.

"Last time I checked, girls don't slap each other's butts." He tried reaching behind me to slap me in the butt too, but knowing what he was up to I swiftly dodged his hand.

"C'mon, captain Jon! We must go." We marched to the living room where my parents were talking to Jon's parents about the trip. Andrea and Jeffery Holloway were dressed in much the same manner as me and Jon. Shorts and loose t-shirts. A smirk was tugging at my lips when I remember what I told Melina to pack, but I kept it down by biting my lip.

"Mom, where's my silver sequin top?" Melina asked, strutting into the kitchen wearing a tight halter top and a mini skirt with heels the height of the Eiffel tower.

"In the hamper, darling." Mom smiled at her eldest daughter.

"Oh, are you going to go camping dressed like that?" Andrea asked when she looked over Melina's outfit.

"Is there something wrong with it, Mrs. Holloway?" Melina snapped at her, crossing her arms over her chest angrily. See, this is why she doesn't have the privilege of calling her Andrea like I do. It's not like she didn't try, but Andrea insisted on Melina calling her Mrs. Holloway instead.

"No, it just seems a tad... Uncomfortable to wear." Andrea tried to put it lightly.

"I'm very comfortable, thank you very much." Melina retorted, storming out the room.

"That wasn't rude at all." Jon scowled at the space she had occupied seconds ago.

"That's Melina for ya." I clucked my tongue, turning to position myself behind him.

I hopped onto his back, and he automatically gripped onto my thighs.

"To the car, my noble steed!" I made a move to slap him once more, but he let go of my left thigh to grip my hand.

"Don't you dare." He hissed, his eye twitching slightly.

"Or what?" I smirked, forgetting our parents were in the room for a minute.

"You'll see." He returned the smirk, jogging with me on his back towards the car.

"Jonny-boy! Stop! I'll kick your little Jonnies if you don't!" I threatened, laughing my head off.

"It's a risk I'm willing to take!" He hopped over to the car, making me bounce on his back every time.

"Jon!" I screeched once more before he dropped me inside the car's backseat gently. He left me breathless as I gazed at those delicious looking lips of his that should be illegal. 

God, I love you.

***

 "Are we all set?" Anna inquired. I threw my head into Jon's lap, who was sitting the back with me.