0.6

"You have a boyfriend, Katherine? I have already told you to focus on your studies."

I huffed, I'm not gonna put up with shit like this. "What do you care? You're nobody."

"I am your dad,"

"You're a piece of shit. Get lost."

Luke just stand in silence, slowly reaching my shoulder and comforts me. "Don't you dare tell me what to do. You are nobody. Noone, you cannot control me, I control me!"

And just that, I sprint away from him.

•••

I've been sitting in silence, alone, with air lightly blowing and people's chitter-chatter. I like this. I love being alone.

"Hey,"

I look up and see Luke, thank god. "Hey."

"You okay? Is everything cleared off now?" I nod in response, "Good."

He sits himself next to me and scoots closer, he wrap his arms around me and kisses my temple. I like this. I like being near him. He calms me down.

"Do you wanna go home?"

I shook my head.

"Sleepover at my place? I wanna take care of you."

Take care of me. That sounds heart melting.

I nod slightly in response. I can feel him smiling, he then hugs me tighter, his cheeks pressed onto my temple.

This might look a bit like an awkward hug, but it feels nice. It feels right.

He's my best friend, I don't know what else to say. He's always there for me - other than Michael. Thank god Michael is my neighbour. If not, how could I have met Luke?

"Do you wanna leave now?"

I nod again.

He stands and cleans the back of his jeans, then offering a hand to me. I take his hand and he lifts me up.

"Let's go,"

•••

i flopped onto luke's bed. ah, this is pure comfort.

"don't hog my bed" i giggle and roll over to the side so he could sit. "i like your bed. it's huge and soft and feels like sleeping on a cloud."

he laughs at my statement, "or maybe you need to wash your covers? you're a slob." i punch his arm lightly

the room got silent. i can only hear our breaths and people walking by outside, with an occasional bark from cinnamon.

"so, do you want to talk about earlier at the hospital?"

my eyes opened quickly as in i was woken up from a 9 year coma "uh... maybe. depends on what the question is, really."

luke coughs lightly and scoots over me, i scoot a bit closer to him, although it's hard because i'm currently on my back and he's just sitting.

"well, you never told me why you hate your dad. you only told me that you hate him. period."

i sigh and bite my thumb. i do that alot when i'm nervous. "i hate him because he made my mom cry everynight and my sister runaway from home."

"come on, kat. just spill everything out, not just why."

damn you hemmings and your ability to make me say whatever the hell you want to hear.

"fine. it was 3 years ago, i was, what? 14? 15? i found out my dad has been drinking alot and seeing other women, girls even. my mom apparently knows, she always cries. my sister on the other hand is angry at him and can't stand him, so she ran away,"