1.0

a picture of romeo attached there, such charming, many handsome, much wow

luke is so so so so cute in the fics and u guys might not know but he's good hiding his feelings

until the last part

well for now, this ends my author note.

•••

we put our dirty dishes in the dishwasher, then we help mom clean up a bit.

mom insisted for luke not to help, because he's our guest. technically, i'm also a guest, but a mother will never stop giving their daughter chores to do even though she's 18 and living alone.

"okay thank you guys so much for helping me. especially you, luke. you rubbed off some good on ems"

"hey, i've always been good."

"but you never bring your plate back, so this is a start."

luke and mom giggles as i wash my hand "thank you so much luke for taking care of her. she gets a bit coo-coo sometimes. but that never stops her"

"it's nothing, ms.hollins."

i turn the faucet off and dry my hand with paper towel "okay, i'm going up. i'm not gonna bother this convo, night mom"

"night sweetie, i love you"

"love you too."

i walk away from them exiting the kitchen. as soon as i'm not visible, i stand beside the doorway, trying to hear their chat

"so luke, you seem close with my daughter,"

"uh, yeah we're pretty close"

"you remind me of someone i use to know, a person from the past."

from the past? could it be him?

"i don't mean to be rude, but i don't want to be compared to mr.jones"

i can hear the shock in mom's reaction "you know arthur?"

"yes i do. we met him a few days ago, and i'm sorry for what i'm about to say—but he scared the living shit out of emily, and i just want to punch him."

mom laughs and sighs "oh, don't we all?"

"luke, you're a nice young man. you're polite, considering you're in a band. i like you," mom continues "please protect my daughter. from dangers, heartbreaks, from him."

i can hear luke is awkwardly shuffling his feet "i will protect her with all my life. i've always put her first, actually."

"thank you. maybe one day you don't have to call me ms.hollins, one day you're gonna call me 'mom', because i can feel you two are strong. and once you both turn from you and me into an us, you're invincible."

luke giggles awkwardly, and i know him too well that he's cheeks are pink

"well uh... okay ms.hollins. good night"

"good night."

as soon as they exchange their goodbyes, i run upstairs, then shutting the door behind me

fuck. what was that?

"i will protect her with all my life."

what does that mean, luke?

"i will protect her with all my life."

the door swung opem, it stops my thinking session, i was jumped.