Chapter four

A loud pounding at the front door startles me awake causing me to jump. I open my eyes and then shut them again as the sunlight from the open curtain burns my eye. Maybe if I stay quiet long enough they'll just go away? And then another round of loud knocking sounds again. I guess not.

"Go check the door!" Lana shouts angrily from having a hangover and being woken up so early. I didn't even realize she was on the other couch before until now.

"Go away!" I shout to whoever is outside the door. "Maybe come back in three or four hours."

"Open the door, Maddie." The person says from the other side of the door and my blood runs cold. Roman.

"Roman, go back home!"

"I just want to talk, Maddie." He begs. "Please."

I hear Lana groan and go to open the door then heads back to her room muttering words to herself; making sure to slam her bedroom door shut.

"Traitor!" I shout after her as Roman strides into the room to make his way over to me. He sits on the coffee table across from where I lay on the couch but I choose to ignore him by placing a couch pillow on my face.

"Mads, come on," he starts, trying to pull the pillow from covering my face. He pulls it from my grasp and I'm met with his beautiful fucking face and that smug smile of his.

I take another couch pillow and aim it at his stupid face. I laugh when it hits him but then regret it as my head starts to pound.

"Close the curtains," I groan and he does.

"Hangover?" he asks, already knowing the answer.

"No shit, Sherlock."

"Want me to make you breakfast?" he asks, trying to get on my good side.

I shrug, but he knows I do. I hear him in the kitchen pulling out pans and opening the fridge. I don't know how much time passes, but he comes to pull on my arms to bring me over to the breakfast bar. I obviously groan but slide to my seat.

"Thanks," I mutter after my second bite of the pancake. I can feel him looking at me, but I refuse to make eye contact with him because I know one look at those brown eyes, he'll win.

He sighs and sits next to me. "Maddie, please." He picks up my hand in his and begins to kiss each of my knuckles. I hate the stupid flutter that I get because I know it means I still love him no matter how many times he's hurt me.

"Look at me," he begs.

"It's too early to do this, Roman." I sigh.

"Just give me another chance, it's been almost two weeks and I can't be without you," he pouts.

"Oh, so I'm guessing things with that skank didn't go as planned?" I sneer.

"I don't want to be with her or anyone else, just you."

"Should have thought about that before getting in bed with her," I say, pushing the plate of food away, quickly losing my appetite at the thought.

He looks frustrated, on the verge of shouting as he runs his hand through his thick brown hair. "What can I do for you to take me back?"

I pretend to ponder about it for a minute, "Hmm, ah! Got it," I start. "Nothing, because I'm not taking you back, you can't walk all over me anymore."

"Baby," he starts, but pauses to slip our hands together. "I'll do anything, I'm so sorry." He sounds like he's about to cry, but it's all an act, he's done the same thing many times before.