Chapter forty

"Madelyn?" Harry announces once entering my apartment.

"Guest bedroom," I shout as I'm rearranging the space with the decorations that I bought.

"Hi, love, how are you?" He asks after kissing my lips briefly.

"I'm all right, just stress cleaning." I admit.

"What's wrong? Crazy client or are you missing Jamie?"

Jamie. At his name I instantly frown. I miss him so much as I had grown used to seeing him around the place. It was hard to say goodbye and I know it was the same when Alice had to. Jamie and Alice decided to end things off as friends, not sure if they could handle a long distance relationship. But I know for a fact that the two keep in contact from the things that the pair tells me and that they both share feelings for one another. Hopefully over time that evolves.

"Not that...well yes to both but I'm just really stressed about tomorrow." I put down the pillowcase and face him.

"Mads, she's so excited to meet you." Harry says.

"Why do I feel like you're just saying that to make me feel better?" I lean my head against his chest.

"Okay, maybe I am," he says and I slap his chest. "Kidding," he adds with a chuckle.

"After our talk last week she begged me for days to invite you for dinner, but you had that wedding so now that you're coming tomorrow, she will not stop sending me text reminders, so trust me when I say that she's excited to meet you," he's smiling down at me and even pulls out his phone from his back pocket to show me the thread of messages.

"Oh my god, you weren't lying," I laugh as I read the texts sent to him by Anne that ask sort of things like what my favorite foods are and aren't.

"She won't leave me alone; I'm seriously considering giving her your number so she can ask you all of these things herself." He says.

"She's not as bad as my mom though, my mom constantly asks for pictures of us together but I know secretly she just wants to see you," I laugh at remembering my mother's reaction to seeing Harry and I's photos after I had finally told her of our relationship; she was extremely thrilled of my choice in Harry, saying things how frighteningly handsome he looks. "I think she has a crush on you," I add.

"Good because I was hoping you could put me on with her, she's got it going on," he says cheekily.

"You're a dork," I scrunch up my face and he laughs and wraps his arms around my waist to keep me close while he licks the side of my face.

I try to pull back from him but his grip is tight and instead I wipe it off and he gasps dramatically. "You wipe away my kisses?" he places his hand at his heart.

"That was not a kiss, you'll live,"

"I bet your mother would appreciate them,"

"You're right, she would,"

"But not you?" he asks, eyes teasing mine.

"Depends on how good they are," I reply.

"Oh they can be nice, I'll show you, maybe change your mind..." he adds in a slow seductive voice.

"I doubt that," I smirk.

"You forget that I know exactly," his hands lay me backwards onto the bed. "What you like," he finishes and then climbs on top of me.

"What do I like?"

"You like it slow and sweet" he drops a kiss at my neck.

My breath already picks up as his hand creeps under my shirt, pulling down my bra strap. He's just starting to nip at my collarbone when his phone rings but he ignores it to continue at my skin, softly grazing my lips.