Chapter XXIX: And Then the Night Gave Way to Day

A/N: Hello Pack! I would just like to thank you for all the support I have received for this book. As always, I really appreciate it! I would also like to tell you that this is the second to last chapter of this book, with chapter thirty being the last true chapter. There will be a sort of epilogue, but I don't count it as a full chapter, so this and the next part are the two true final chapters. Thank you again, and here's the (true) second to last part, Chapter XXIX: And Then the Night Gave Way to Day! :D 

When Jack opened his eyes, he could see nothing. There was air whipping around him, and he felt as if he was plummeting, but the only thing surrounding him was pitch black darkness. Even his glowing eyes provided no help, the light blue glow not being able to even puncture the thick darkness.

Little did he know that the others were falling beside him.

All six vessels were plummeting in the pitch blackness, all suffering from the same dilemma.

Just as Michael was just about to attempt to call out into the darkness, though, the descending of all six slowed.

They were beginning to fall at a decreased pace, as if someone was turning off gravity. Said pace was gradual, but noticeable, and after a couple minutes, the draconians stopped falling, though there was still no ground beneath their feet. They had stopped descending, and now just hovered in the blackness.

And then it began.

A strange feeling came over the vessels. It was not unwelcome only...strange. It was a tingling of sorts, though it only lasted a few moments before it disappeared, replaced by a strange sort of sensation behind the draconians' eyes. It was like some unknown force was trying to suck their eyes back into their heads, pretty much the opposite of the pressure the six had felt when their eyeballs had first began to glow.

This feeling persisted for a few minutes, before it disappeared entirely, as if it had never happened. It seemed like nothing had transpired from the weird sensation, when in actuality something major had occurred. It just took the six vessels some time to notice it.

The feeling had taken the glow from their eyes.

The draconians' pupils had returned, and their eyes were just like they had been before the change had happened. And though none of the six could confirm that this had occurred at the time, they did notice that their eyeballs had stopped glowing, and the assumption that said body parts were back to normal was quite easy to make.

What came next was even stranger, though.

On the left arm of each vessel, a glowing, curving line appeared, its color the same as the one the draconian's eyes used to be. It swirled and moved over its vessel's body, swimming across their skin as if it was an ocean.

Each vine traveled somewhere different on each vessel, before it stopped and started forcing itself upward, as if trying to break out of its draconian's skin. Instead of accomplishing this, though, the swirling line would just disappear and create an oval shaped crystal where it tried to break free.

Said gem was the same color as whatever color the curving vine had been, so the same color as the one the vessel's glowing eyes had been. The oval shaped crystals were also in different places on each draconian.

Geoff's resided on the back of his neck, Ray's was on his shoulder, Jack's was on the inside of his wrist, Gavin's resided on his ankle, Michael's was on the outside of his wrist, and Ryan's lay on his chest, directly below his neck.

A touch to one of these gems would show that they were each very real, existing for some reason or another. Perhaps they were storing the vessel energy that the draconians didn't need now.

Before any of the six could even attempt to find out though, they were all immediately awakened.

They were up with a start, unsure of how they had been woken up. Above them, though, was a brilliant blue sky, confirming that they had accomplished the task they had set out to do.

They first thing all six did was reach for their respective gems, finding quickly that the strange stones still existed. The vessels then stood, taking in the landscape around them, before sharing several glances.

Then, without speaking a single word, they all nodded and took off into the sky from the top of Mount Coronor synchronized. For they didn't need to talk to know that they all shared the same thought.

It was time to go home.