Running Away - Conor Maynard

Running Away: -

Part 1:  -

“Conor, I’m pregnant,” I say a little scared. I was terrified in all honesty. I was scared in case he thought I was out to get him but I wasn’t. I didn’t even fancy the guy but yet I gave him my innocence. I was a virgin until that drunken night.  Jack my best friend and Conor’s brother, dragged me to the party. Conor was hosting the party too but let’s just say it went downhill from there. Obviously. Jack’s the one who told me all about what happened, how he knew, I’ll never know but he did. I was furious at myself for letting it happen but it’s happened now and there’s no way I can change it.

“What is this a little scam, Lexi?” He asked, angrily.

“Conor, I’m freaking three months pregnant, how the hell can it be a scam?” I retaliated.

“I don’t know, money, maybe? Heck, you could even just be saying that for the fame” He says defeated.

“Wow, nice to know you think so little of me Conor. Why would I even need the money?” I say angrily.

“Why the hell would I know? I don’t even know you Lexi,” Conor said while looking at the floor.

“But yet you screwed me. Took away my innocence. You know what Conor, just go to hell,” I say angrily before turning on my heels. Ugh, I shouldn’t be crying but yet here I am, crying.

   I’m Lexi Murphy, more commonly known as Alexis by my friends. As you’ve realised, I’m 18 soon to be 19 in a couple of months. June thirtieth actually. I have light blonde hair and a mixture of brown and blue eyes. My inner sides of my eyes are blue while the outer half is brown, it’s a pretty weird and strange mixture but people apparently love my eyes. To be honest with you, it makes me feel awkward. It’s as if an evil spirit, sent down to torture me, has cursed me. Okay, jokes aside but yeah that’s me. I also have a little brother named George, he’s a pain in my ass but I love him anyway. You’ve always gotta love your family.

“Lex, what’s up?” Jack’s voice boomed in my ear.

“Nothing. Don’t worry”

“I do worry though, Lex”

“Jack, it’s nothing. You know what’s wrong with me so there’s no need to tell you again”
“What’s Conor said? Lex tell me” Jack pushed.

“Nothing, just leave it and don’t go shouting your mouth Jack”

“Lexi, you’re my best friend who’s been knocked up by my damn brother of course it’s not nothing. So tell me, before I go asking Conor”

“Jack, blackmail won’t work. I know you too well to know what your blackmail includes so buh bye” I say waving and leaving the house.

“Oh no you don’t, Lexi. You tell me what was said now before I do go and ask Conor,” Jack shouts from behind me. Oh great, he’s coming.

“Go ask him then. See if I care” I shout angrily.

“Lexi, what the hell? I get that you’re hormonal but this bad? No way. What the hell did he say to you?”

“Jack, what’s it to you anyhow? It’s your stupid brother’s fault. He’s the reason I’m in this mess so do whatever you like. I’m not in the mood anymore,” I say storming off. I might be 18 but gosh am I’m annoyed.

“Lexi, what did he say before I actually do go and beat his ass”

“He told me that I’m scamming him, that I just want money and fame. He also said that he doesn’t know me, Jack. I’ve been your best friend for years and now all of a sudden, he doesn’t know me?”