Part 7

Part 7: -

Conor’s POV

“So our daughter’s alive but she’s weak. She was trapped in Lexi’s womb for too long. The doctors are trying so hard to stabilise her and get her back to normal health. You guys can go back to mine and come back in the morning. I don’t think we’re getting to see her tonight. Also, you will need to tell George that it’s not wise to jump on Lexi, they had to give her a C-section to get our daughter out” I rambled.

“Conor, calm down a little we won’t bite you for coming and telling us the truth. We’re happy she’s alive and we’ll be excited to see her but in the meantime, you need to get some sleep, along with Lexi” Lexi’s mum, Honor said.

“I will, Lexi, however is sleeping right now but I thought it’d be best to come out and tell you what’s going on. Anyhow, I’ll see you guys tomorrow and I’ll keep you updated” I said.

“Thanks Conor” Paul, Lexi’s dad, said.

      I trudged my way back to Lexi’s room for a night of awkward sleep. I was sleeping between two hard chairs, it wasn’t gonna be fun. As I entered Lexi’s room, I found her awake, she was sleeping not only two minutes ago…

“Lex, you should be sleeping,” I stated as I sat down.

“I’m in too much damn pain” She wined.

“You could get pain killers you know”

“I know but you know me, I’m as stubborn as a crap”

“Everyone knows that Lexi. You thought of anything you want to call her?”

“Nope, have you?”

“Not a thing. It’s strange though, I thought the naming process would be easy but it’s not. It’s one of the hardest things ever”

“We’re on the same boat. Although it’d have to be something that goes with Maynard,” She yawned.

“Yep. Go to sleep Lex, I’ll still be here when you waken up” I said softly.

“Night Conor” She said ever so quietly.

“Night Lexi” I smiled.

    I sat thinking of names for a while and I couldn’t really think of anything, other than Lauryn. Lauryn Maynard sounded good. Well, it did to me. My eyes soon drooped and I headed off into an unpleasant sleep.

Alexis’ POV

I couldn’t sleep properly. I hurt too damn much to even move. It was as if someone had placed a tonne of bricks on my lower abdomen and paralysed me. It was so awkward and horrifying. It was horrifying because it literally did feel like I was paralysed. Conor looked as if he was uncomfortable and exhausted too and he was sleeping. Although, he kept mumbling a name. A name I was so unsure of.

   I managed to doze back over for another few hours but it hurt so damn much. I know I’m being obstinate in refusing the painkillers but I didn’t wanna be as high as a kite for when I met my daughter. I wanted to be sober. I awoke with a bang, except I didn’t move. I couldn’t move.

“What’s happening? Conor?” I exclaimed frantically. I couldn’t see anyone in the room and it scared me. I was scared in case Braden was here. I know it’s virtually impossible since he doesn’t know which part of London I’m in but it still scared me all the same.

“Lex, you alright?” Conor asked as he came in the room.

“I’m good now you’re here”

“Lex, what’s up?”