Part 18

Part 18: -

Alexis’ POV

“So you say you have a plan, what is it?” I asked curiously.

“Well, you know how on iPhones you can like put location services on or off?” Jack asked. “Well, when Alaina and I were together, she always had hers on. Just like she made me have mine on as well. She was possessive, but anyway, I could text her and ask her how she is and stuff, just make it seem like I’m interested in her and you know, hopefully get her location and we can tell the police” Jack continued.

“That’s all good but she’ll know that you know though. And she could’ve turned it off by now” I stated.

“But, we don’t know unless we try. You guys need Lauryn back and I’m willing to sacrifice myself to get her back”

“Is this because you feel guilty?” I asked.

“Kinda” He admitted.

“Jack, none of us knew so stop beating yourself up. We all make mistakes, some we’re going to regret and some we don’t regret. Build a bridge and get over it. Braden would still have targeted me if Alaina hadn’t been in your life. He’s a psychopathic idiot who just wanted me back,” I admitted.

“But, Lexi, he stole your virginity. I brought someone in this house who just wanted your daughter,” Jack argued back.

“That may be so but I can forget what he done to me, over time. Jack, Alaina’s a bitch who wants what she can’t have. She used you, just like she used my best friend Michelle a few years ago. It happens. Life goes on, get over it” I said solemnly. “He may have stolen my virginity but I didn’t count it, I just said Conor took it because I hated that Braden took it,” I continued.

“Lex, I can’t get over it though. I was angry and confused about you dating Conor and even harbouring his child but as time went on, I realised that I was an idiot for shouting at you that day I came to see Lauryn, I was idiot for calling you all those names and I was an idiot for even getting involved with Alaina. I should’ve realised that something was far too creepy when she said my full name before I could even say Jack” He huffed.

“But, Jack, we all learn from our mistakes. There’s no denying that”

“I know but this is a big mistake. I broke the trust of both you and my brother and -“

“But nothing, Jack. You’re guilty of being upset but nothing else. We have feelings, and we care too much about some things but other than that, you have nothing to be guilty about. Its life, we have to fuck up at least once in it. If we don’t, then you’re too precautious. We have a life; make the most of it, happily”

“How are you so positive?” Jack asked.

“I have a child; I can’t dwell on my past in order to succeed. I have to remain happy and positive in order for Lauryn to be settled and happy. And Conor and I don’t want her to grow up a bratty child” I spoke.

“Nice logic but I can’t help but be guilty at things. I’m just a stupid narcissistic idiot who couldn’t even tell someone of their real feelings”

“Jack, whether or not you liked me wouldn’t have mattered. I didn’t feel the same way about you. You were my best friend and I didn’t want to lose that. You were the only one who really took me under your wing back in Brighton so I couldn’t lose it” I admitted.

“I know that know. At the time, I didn’t really. I was just angry that you chose Conor over me”

“I didn’t choose him. It just happened in the unlikeliest way. However, I’m happy it happened. I love him and I guess I would’ve still have been the small quaint quiet person if I didn’t get pregnant”