Part 4

Part 4: -

Conor’s POV

Spilling it out like that felt nice to be honest. I’m just glad she finally heard my reasoning for it. I’m just glad she hopefully understands my reasoning for being mean. It wasn’t to be mean, it was just to be respectful.  That makes me sound ten times worse than before because shouting and being nothing but an idiot isn’t respectable but she was listening.

“So what did Jack want?” Anth asked as he came into his guest room.

“Anth? Is that you?” Lexi asked through the computer screen.

“Alexis? The one and only Alexis Murphy…The one pregnant by my idiotic best friend?”

“The one and only. How are you?”

“I’m good, I would ask how you are but I think your answer would be obvious”

“A little bit obvious but Anth, take it easy on Conor. We’ve sorta sorted things out but hey you living in England now?”

“Of course, I have to, to take care of the idiot. The damn boy can’t do anything right”

“Anth…Don’t do it. So since you live here in England does that mean you have an English phone number?”

“Nope…Still my American one. I’m kidding Alexis, I have an English phone number but are you with Jack or somewhere else?”

“I’m on the phone with Jack who’s on Skype with you and Conor and my friends are with me and my phones on loudspeaker. So yeah…”

“HI FOLKS” Lexi’s friends chorused.

“Hello random people” Anth said back. I couldn’t speak; it’s not that I don’t want to. It’s just I was scared in case I spluttered out other things going round my head. I’ve already told Jack I really like the girl he’s in love with. I even told it straight to her face, well through to her ears. Jack will kill me probably. I don’t know, it’s a bit fishy.

Alexis’ POV

When Conor said he was mean to protect me, I didn’t know how to feel. The girls all did swooning faces while I was confused. I was confused for so many different reasons. It’s just not something I can comprehend, like I understand the pressures of society and I understand that the paparazzi would be all up in my face constantly but Conor deserves a chance to build a relationship with his child so there wouldn’t be any bad blood with them both as our child got older. It’s just weird.

“You listening Alexis?” Anth asked me.

“Huh, what? What am I meant to be listening to?” I asked confused.

“Wow, you two should honestly be together. Conor’s bad for spacing out, just like you are” Anth announced. Gosh, why did we have to be so similar? I swear everything I do, Conor’s doing it too. It’s a never-ending circle.

“Sorry for having a lot on my mind, Anth” Conor said a little too mean. I know how he feels because there’s so much on my mind that I need to ask him, to even know. I just wish this were easy. I just wish it were so simple. But nothing ever is.

“Dude, it’s no reason to shut off your friends. We are there to help you if you need it,” Anth said. I doubt I was meant to hear this conversation but my friends just looked at me as if they were trying to say the same thing. Oh dear.

“I know but Anth, I can’t see my own child because if I go anywhere near it then the paparazzi or someone else will get wind of it and then spill it to the papers. Then Lexi and our child will be in the spotlight and I don’t want them to be. Lexi needs normality, not hostility. She needs to be able to trust people, not have to hide from them. She’s in a place where her abusive ex is and she’s pregnant. I don’t know what the heck will happen and that frightens me. She moved because of me and now her family can’t look out for her. I’m such a freaking stupid idiot for not wearing protection in the first place,” Conor ranted.