Part 10

Part 10: -

Alexis’ POV

Why do paparazzi folk never think about anyone’s privacy? Conor has the right to keep his personal life private, just like everyone else does. Like every normal person has. I know now that I’m certainly not in the shadows anymore, especially with the cameras that they have outside. Mostly everyone in Conor’s street knows of him being famous so they’re used to the cameras being around. Whenever they were around. I just hated as to how they were only around because of our daughter. Yes, we announced her to the world, just less than an hour ago but there were no way the could’ve gotten to Brighton that fast. It’s literally nearly a two hour drive from London.

   Conor was currently on the phone with his manager, and all I could hear was shouting from Conor. He was angry at whatever his manager was saying. I wasn’t paying attention because I was trying to feed Lauryn. However, because it was a new surroundings, she was uneasy somehow. She kept wriggling about in my arms. I sometimes wondered if I’m cut out to be a mum because I can barely keep my daughter steady in one arm, while I feed her.

“So what did he want?” Helen asked Conor as came back into the kitchen.

“He wanted Lexi and I to travel back to London, right now, just so we could appear on a chat show. I, however, argued back and told him no. We’ve only just got here and I wasn’t leaving until Sunday. He did however; tell me to turn it on to ITV for This Morning, apparently they’re showing the picture of Lauryn” Conor ranted. With Conor being so angry, it was such a turn on. I was having these impulses about just jumping him here and now. I had to refrain myself though, otherwise I’d end up back in hospital and no one wanted that.

“Conor, maybe it’s best if you calm down first before you do anything irrational. You’re already worked up as it is and it’s not good for your stress levels. I know you wanted to protect Lauryn but you can still do that, regardless of whether there are images of her online. I know I’m the one who imposed there be rules and regulations but maybe, maybe it’s best if we just be the best parents we can be, without them. I understand how you’re feeling with the no privacy, I do but maybe it’s about time we gave in trying to dodge them and actually face them” I spoke softly.

“I don’t know Lex, I already have little privacy as it is and I think that why I tell my fans everything because I’d rather it come from the horse’s mouth, rather than the donkey’s arse. However, allowing people to take pictures of Lauryn will be unsettling for her and antagonising for us. We’ll always be worried in case someone dips in and takes her”

“I know that Conor, which is why I wasn’t imposing having her on show but more so our personal pictures. We have a lot between us. Maybe if we just give a little out via Twitter or Facebook, just to get them off our backs for a bit. No one needs to know any different. She’s our daughter and we make the rules up regarding what we do with her. Your manager can’t control your personal life, nor can he enforce us to appear on national TV just as soon as we’re settled in Brighton for three days. The only thing your manager is allowed to do is control your career. Nothing else. What you do in your personal life is completely your business.”

“When did you get so smart? You’ve become so grown up. You’ve made reasonable argumentative comments and you quite clearly hate my manager,” Conor laughed.

“It’s called mummy brain. I have to be able to think positively for our daughters benefit. And I hate your manager because he thinks he can control a two week old baby’s life, when he has nothing to do with it. It’s just frustration as to how he was literally ordering you to drive all three of us back to London, just so we could appear on TV. Not happening. We came here to spend a weekend with our families, not to rush back and forth” I spluttered out.