Part 12

Part 12: -

Alexis’ POV

Dinner was absolutely disastrous. Nothing went according to Conor’s plan. Alexis began kicking up fuss because she wasn’t included in most of the conversation, she moaned because Conor and I were mainly in conversations with each other, she got annoyed because George asked her to move, she was annoyed because we wouldn’t bring a sleeping Lauryn out her pram and there was so much more. Everyone got severely pissed off with her for what she done. My own mum had a go at her, which woke Lauryn up in the process. Talk about being embarrassed. However, I was completely surprised at Jack’s reaction. Normally he’d stick up for his girlfriend but tonight he lashed out at her. Yes, it was supposed to be a family meal but Conor and I was scared. We were scared in case everyone was just putting on a show just for the sake of lying to us. It is a pretty pathetic reason to be fair but sometimes, when you’re so open to the public, it can happen. You can be backstabbed.

    Everyone was in bed now, included Conor and I. While Conor was asleep, I couldn’t even get there. I was so restless and confused. Everything from Alexis’ words to her trying to sit next to me, to Jack’s change of character towards his girlfriend was all playing on my mind. I don’t understand as to why it was but it was and I was confused. There were all these questions eating me up like crazy. Just like Conor’s song ‘R U Crazy’ I was most definitely going crazy. Yes, the song isn’t about someone going crazy, but more so about a girl who he broke up with, I don’t know.  It’s a strange song but it shows off his vocal ability perfectly.

   I made my way downstairs, after a few inner fights with myself. I know Conor’s going to waken up and worry about where the hell I was but when you aren’t sleeping properly, what are you meant to do? Stay there until you do fall asleep? Impossible. However, as I turned on the kitchen light, I found a half-sleeping Jack at the table. He looked worse than I did, and I was up most of the night with a baby. This was going to be awkward.

    I made myself a cuppa, and sat down across from him. I could tell he was in a thinking process so I didn’t dare disturb him. Although, his distinct stare was starting to freak me out a little. It was as if he was possessed into some weird zombie-like form.

“Do you ever wonder what life would be like if you didn’t get pregnant?” Jack finally spoke.

“Not really. My life was pretty boring before I had Lauryn anyhow” I spoke amiably, but then continued, “Why are you asking me this Jack?”

“I miss you Lex, I miss my best friend. Seeing you and Conor together kills me. I thought that getting someone with the same name, same age and almost the same birthday, I’d forget about you but you’re always around me and it’s hard. I miss your bone crushing hugs, I miss your laughs and I miss the general idea of us being friends. I know you’re still around and I’m not gonna pull you away from Conor because I know you’ve fallen in love with him but I miss you”

“So you’ve said Jack, but when you called me for everything, the day after I gave birth to Lauryn, those words hurt me like crazy. You basically accused your own brother of taking advantage of me, and you called me a skank more or less. How am I meant to forget that?” I shrugged. I was not having an argument with him at three in the morning. It was way too early and everyone was still asleep.

“I’ve said I’m sorry twenty times over, and I truly am. I got jealous that you carried Conor’s child instead of my own. I got jealous that Conor was able to spend more time with you than I did. I’m sorry that I only ever asked questions about Lauryn whenever I was round at Conor’s. I’m sorry that Alexis was always with me when I asked those questions. I was intrigued with everything” Jack spoke solemnly.