Part 9

Part 9: -

Conor’s POV

Well today’s the day. We head home for a few days. I’ll be happy for the break but having to face my little brother, that I’m not too happy for. Everything he said to Lexi, still plays in my mind constantly. Jack’s literally in love with her and he called her all those things, it’s absurd to be honest with you. Even if you are jealous and in love, you do not say those things. Especially, not when said person has just given birth to your niece. I was happy that everyone was getting to see Lauryn outside the hospital. Maybe, they’ll stop phoning constantly, begging to know when they can tell everyone and show everyone pictures of her. I know Lexi and I are a bit over protective when it comes to Lauryn, but it’s the constant argumentative stuff that’s happening in my brain. I’m scared that everyone will want a piece of Lauryn and she’ll end up back in hospital and we’ll barely see her. Her lungs are weak as it is, and people engulfing her in bone crushing hugs.

   After all three of us were in the car, we were off on the long journey. We set off at five in the morning because we knew the paparazzi weren’t out and about at that time. They think we’re heading off out at seven this morning but we changed the time. It was dark at five because it was so early and you couldn’t see in my car windows, and for that I was thankful. My mum knew of the time change because she of how badly we wanted to protect Lauryn. Maybe we are being a little too over protective, but maybe we’re just being normal parents. I don’t know.

    We arrived at my mum’s house, and she was up and waiting. Everyone else looked as if they were still sleeping. There again, it was only half six in the morning. Still a bit of time to keep everything on the down low before we do have to greet everyone. However, I could tell Lexi was scared to face Jack again. I don’t particularly blame her though, he called her really horrible names, just after she’d given birth.

“So how is she?” My mum asked as all three of us entered the house.

“Lauryn’s getting along fine, just loves ruining exciting moments,” I stated.

“Exciting moments?” My mum questioned.

“Nothing. I’ll tell you later. Random question, but how’s Jack been lately?” I asked unexpectedly.

“Mopey. Ever since he came back from apologising to you both, he locked himself away and he’s barely been seen since. He’s been ignoring Alexis and everyone else. But what actually happened?”

“I, um, shouted at him. May have said some ungrateful things but after what he called me at the hospital, I couldn’t just accept his apology. He was meant to be my best friend and he turned on me, stabbed me so far in the back that I was unable to function. Sometimes, I wish I could turn back time and not tell anyone about the pregnancy and just abort her but after seeing her, I could never do it. She’s far too precious for that” Lexi spoke as she sat down at the dining table. I knew the thing with Jack was a little hard to talk about since he was meant to be her best friend, but I knew she’d forgive him in a few months.

“Lexi, you’re hurt and you lashed out. It’s a common thing to do. Yes, Jack’s stabbed you in the back but sometimes it’s just best to forgive and forget. I know you’ll not trust him for a bit but you two were joined at the hip at one point. As for aborting Lauryn, that was your decision but if you had, then you wouldn’t have had a beautiful daughter right now. You’re a beautiful girl, and your daughter is as beautiful as you. Just think about talking to Jack, ok” My mum spoke softly. I knew my mum was the best person to talk sense into her. However, when Lexi spoke about aborting Lauryn, my heart sank. I never really knew that Lexi was feeling that way. I just automatically thought she wanted to keep Lauryn from the get go. I guess everyone gets the shock of their life at some point or another.