School

As I walk to school I think about what my punishment will be today, between Stacy and My dad. Stacy is the school bully. She was my best friend. But after my mom disappeared, my life changed for the worst. Stacy turned against me. She started calling me names and saying things like "my mom left because my mom couldn't handle a spoiled brat like me". Everyone believes everything she says, too. I even start to believe her sometimes. No one knows what happened to her. One night I just came home and she was gone.
Flashback-
Stacy and I were walking to my house. We were laughing and talking about our favorite tv show. "And then he said 'what do you mean I'm not suppose to put Mac and cheese on my bigMac!' Stacy said while laughing. I started to laugh too. We walked up to my house first and my moms car wasn't in the driveway like usual. I looked at Stacy and she had a confused look on her face too. I just shrugged my shoulders and walked up to the door step. I carefully opened up the door and walked inside. "Mom? Are you home?" I yelled. It echoed throughout the empty house. I sighed. She should be home by now. I went to the kitchen and grabbed something to eat. I found a tub of ice cream and I sat down on the brown leather couch. I stuck my spoon into the tub of ice cream and watched as the creamy goodness melted amongst the warm spoon. I slowly pulled it up to my mouth and smelled it. Rocky road ice cream. My favorite. I slowly stuck the sweet cream into my mouth and enjoyed the chocolate taste. I was getting ready to take a bite, when my dad stormed in the door. I jumped a little when he slammed the door. He ran all around the house in a panic. I sat my ice cream down and slowly got up to follow. He was cursing under his breath as he walked through every room in the house trying to look for a specific thing. When he got back down to the living room he sat on the couch and pulled out his phone. I was starting to get worried. I've never seen him act like this before. Clearly something is wrong. He hit some buttons and pressed the phone up to his ear. I watched him carefully. When the voice mail came on, he threw his phone on the floor. I watched him pick it up and throw it again. This time he didn't pick it up. He just stared at it. He was breathing hard and he fell onto the hard wooden floor below him. He started crying. I walked over towards him and sat next to him. I watched as he looked up at me. All of the sudden the flash of sadness in his eyes was replaced by anger. "You! You did this!" He yelled as he stood up. I was shocked. "What's happening?" Kept repeating in my head. He took a step closer and closer. I kept scooting back and back. Eventually I hit the wall. "No where to run now." He evilly grinned. He came closer and pulled his hand back. I closed my eyes expecting what I knew was coming. I felt a strong pain as his cold hand made contact with my face. I opened my eyes to see him pull back his fist. He grabbed my neck with one hand and started to punch my face with the other. He punched my Jaw, My eye, and my cheek. After he punched me, he stood up and slowly walked out the door. I was left on the floor to cry. "What'd I ever do?" I kept asking myself. Later that night he came home drunk and crying. I heard him whispering to himself. I was in my bedroom. I had the door shut and locked. He started to yell and bang on my door. "Your mother has left because of you! She hated your guts so she left you! This is all your fault you Pathetic Idiot!". I sat in my bed crying the wrest of the night, scared of what would happen next.

-end of flashback-

I kept walking straight. I finally saw the school come up to view. I walked in and saw Stacy sitting at a table with her posse. I quickly walked past hoping she would see me. I was lucky. I walked to an empty table that was across the other side of school cafeteria. I sat my stuff down and pulled out a peach from my pocket. I started to eat and waited until the first bell rang. I pulled out my math homework and worked on it. My dad came home early last night, so I didn't have time to finish. I focused on the homework. Negative Exponents. I look at each question carefully and try to work them out the best I can. I finished the assignment right as the bell wrang. Then I headed to my first class, American History.