Chapter 9

- Kirstie's POV -
We walked back to the tour bus in silence. Avi had been dismissed from hospital and was free to go home.
The walk was horrible. Nobody talked.. not even Mitch who always had to say something. The day was cold and clouds darkened the sky. A cold breeze sweeped over my body and I nuzzled closer to my jacket.
There was this one sentence I heard in between my thoughts. This one sentence Avi said with which he had silenced us all. This one sentence.. which lead us to another problem..
This one sentence which caused Avi to shut us out and never talk to us again.
I killed them all

- Avi's POV -
'I shouldn't have said that. Why on earth am I so stupid?' I repeated for myself multiple times while we walked back.
The doctors said I was stable but funny enough I was everything else than that.
We were only a few hundred meters away from the bus and I instantly saw a chance to escape.. somehow. I started to run and I climbed inside the bus,  not answering the questions everyone wanted to ask. I jumped inside the little bathroom and locked myself. Soon I heard them call my name. 'Avi?! AVI open the door!'
There was no way I would do that. I wanted some alone time. Just a few minutes to clear my thoughts.. to breathe.
I closed my eyes and I shut out the noise around me. I blocked out the knocking on the door, the footsteps rushing around and.. Kirstie's sobbing.
I sunk to the ground leaning my back against the door.
'I have hurt them.. Why have I told them?! Everything was alright and now?!'
I bent my legs and I rested my head on my knees.
You let dem down.. All of them..
I gulped and tried to breath steadily.
Don't you think they'd be better without you?
I lifted my head and blinked around.
They wouldn't even care if you left.. If you died
I didn't know when I got up but I stood in front of the mirror.
I was a mess.  Dark circles under my eyes showed how tired I was.
I lifted my shirt over my head and just stood there for a while...
I inspected my upper body.
The tattoo was slowly fading but it was permanent and ment to stay there on my arm.
0437 Khūnī
I frowned. My glance wandered and stopped at the light scars decorating my skin. They looked like they belonged to some kind of art.. but in reality they belonged to me.. to my past.. to the horrible person I was.
My right hand wandered to them and I copied the lines with my index finger and I remembered every single face. They flashed my inner eye and I heard their scared screams.
A single tear rolled over my cheek and I was brought back to reality.
They stood there in the doorframe. Not saying a word.
Scott held the handle in his hands and Kevin the screwdriver.
Mitch held Kirstie.
I hadn't looked at them. I didn't need to.. I could feel their presence and that was enough.
I knew that they were disappointed.. scared.. and confused as well.
They had never seen my scars or my tattoo.. I always covered them with clothing.. even in the hottest summers. They believed that I was simply cold but that's obviously not true.
Their eyes wandered from the tattoo to the scars and back.
Finally I turned to them, letting my tears fall freely.
As I opened my mouth to just try to say something they stormed to me and I was wrapped in their embraces. We stood there for awhile, crying all together when Kevin spoke.
'Avi.. bro you don't have to tell us what happend even if we think that it would be better if you did.
But can you please try to be the way you were before? Not for us. But for you. It's unhealthy to be down all the time.'
I lifted my head and looked at Kevin.
'And there's one single thing you have to answer me alright?'
I thought for a second and nodded.
'What had triggered all of this? Why now? '
My attention fell onto a piece of paper. I took it and grapped a pen. Everyone looked at me expectantly. Then I handed it to them. Their faces showed confusion first and then understanding.
What I had written was:
We're back in California

The place where everything began.