Chapter 4

~Tom~

I was happy that Ina didn't lock herself up today. Even though we just watch some movies today and play some games she came out her room.

She had been herself today and smiled for a few moments, a real smile. Normally she would just put up a smile so that she could hide that she was scared.

I was standing in the kitchen drinking some water while I looked at the big cabinet.

Behind it there is still a tunnel who leads to the asylum. My plan was to border it completely up, so that nobody can come or nothing can come out of it. My eyes were staring at it without looking away from it for one sec.

Something was wrong with it. I can feel it. Someone or something is behind it. I hear whispers, but I couldn't understand them. It's not the first time I felt it. Every time I pass it I can feel the coldness.

I was leaning against the counter looking at the big cabinet when Ina came walking in.

"Hey." She hoped on the counter next to the sink further away from me.

"Hey." I said back not taking my eyes of the cabinet.

"What are you looking at?" She followed my gaze.

"Nothing, I was just thinking." I said finally taking my eyes from it.

She nodded her head. "Tom I wanna say thank you for today. I know I haven't been myself lately."

I chuckle shaking my head. "Ina you don't have to thank me for spending a day with you."

She smiled nodding her head.

Her skin still look paler then normal. I really wanna know what is happening to her, but she don't say a thing about it.

"Ina can you please tell me what is going on?" She opened her mouth to say something when the cabinet began to move.

Our heads snapped to it seeing how it started to move from his spot. The hole in the wall began to get visible. My heart began to race and all the hairs on my arm were standing up.

The whispers got louder and I know that Ina could hear them too. A black mist was hang in the entrance of the hole. The cabinet came with a loud crack to a stop and on cue the black mist came rolling in fast into the kitchen.

"Tom!"

I almost didn't had time to get to Ina before the mist could reach us. Quickly I wrapped my arms around her pulling her close and covering her head. The mist was cold and heavy.

I had my eyes closed, but even if I would have let them open I couldn't see a thing. It was like we were into a tornado. There was so much wind. In a sec it was all gone.

Slowly I look up opening my eyes.

"Where are we?" I hear Ina whisper while she look around.

We where in a waiting room. This look too familiar. I have been here before.

Oh no.

This is the asylum.

"Tom." I turn around and saw that nurses and men in white standing in front of Ina. She backed away from them and moved closer to me until her back hit my chest.

A person came to the from I immediately pull Ina behind me. "Hello Tom, Evelina." I could feel Ina grabbing my arm.

Doctor Henderson walked closer to us and could Ina holding her breath. "Welcome home."

I shook my head walking backwards.

"No this isn't real." I mutter under my breath.

The doctor chuckle. "Oh Tom this is real."

He look behind him and the men en and nurses started to walk towards us. Ina screamed when someone grabbed her pulling her away from me.

"Tom!" I try to grab her, but someone grabbed me putting my arms behind my back. They pulled Ina to the ground putting her hands above her head.

"Stop! Let her go!" One of the man hit the back of my head making me fall to the ground.

Everything got silent.

The only thing you could hear was Ina's cries and sobs. A nurse came with a needle in her direction.

I wanted to move, but couldn't. The blow on my head made me weak.

"No, no!" Ina try to move, but they had her pin down to the ground. She cried harder when the nurses push the needle in her skin. Her cries slowly stopped while her eyes fell shut.

Someone picket her up from the ground before carrying her away from my sigh.

"Why can't you see that you can't save her Tom." The doctor said when I began to crawl towards the way they took Ina.

"You failed in the past and you will fail now, so why try." My breath was heavy and my head was throbbing badly.

"I have to admit you have a fight in you, but it won't save you." One of the men in white kicked my stomach making me stop moving.

The doctor chuckle when I grabbed my stomach groaning.

"Give up Tom. It won't hurt...much." I took a deep breath and start crawling again. I hear the doctor sigh before kneeling down next to me.

"You really should learn to listen to someone." He grabbed the back of my head and slammed my head to the ground.

For a second I just lay there. It wanted to just give up and let him win, but them memories of Ina and I from the past three years came running through my head. I can't give up. She needs me and I'm not failing her, ever!

I try to move again, but the throbbing in my head made it hard.

My hand reach out to pull me further when my eyes just closed.