Chapter 35

~Ina~

That was a long night. I couldn't get any sleep after that nightmare. It wall felt so real. Like Tom was really killed right in front of me and that my friends really were dead.

I ran a hand through my hair walking into the kitchen.

"Happy birthday."

Thank god Tom was here.

I thought that my nightmare would come true.

"Thanks." I sat down on the table letting out a yawn.

I said sorry to Tom last night in bed. I couldn't sleep and he was still awake so.

"I'm sorry Tom. I shouldn't have done it." I said turning around to face him.

He let out a sigh shaking his head. "No you deserve to know who he was and I didn't tell you anything. I should have told who he was as a person. Because honestly he was great. "

I put my lips together debating if I would tell him or not. "What would you do if I told you that there is a way to save him?"

Tom frown his brows looking confuse. "What do you mean?"

I let out a sigh. "He came to my room after I got upstairs."

"He what?! Did he hurt you?!" I shook my head.

I'm not going to tell him that he almost choke me to dead. "No, well sort of, but that's not the point right now. I asked him if he knew a way to save him." I explained to him.

"How?" He finally asked after a few seconds of just looking at me.

"He told me that his soul is completely taken by darkness. The only way to make him back normal is by light. Our family is surrounded by light. He told me to go look for our dead family they would help."

I don't know if he wants to help me, but even if he don't want to I'm going to do it. No matter what.

"That's all?" I nodded my head.

"That's all he said. Well and that we have to do it on my birthday because that when the Mutati side is weakened."

But isn't the Blackhunters going to keep him inside? That's what Drew's grandmother told me. I hope Alex found a way to escape them.

"Okay. I know where we can't find them." I looked shocked at him.

"Are you seriously?"

Tom laugh nodding his head. "Yeah I wanna save our brother and beside even if I say no you are gonna do it anyway."

I smile knowing that he's right. "Thanks and where can we find them?"

"It's late Ina go to sleep I will tell you in the morning."

I was sad that he didn't tell me, but I was tiered.

"Can you tell me now where we can find our family?" I asked Tom when he sat down at the table.

"Well someone is a little eager to know something." I just looked at him not saying anything.

"Okay then. Well because their all dead we can go to the graveyard. Believe it out not, but our family had lived here for generations. One of our forefathers even helped build this town."

Hmm I didn't know that.

"Why did you move us back here?" I asked out of the blue.

"What do you mean?" He asked a little confuse.

I push back my glasses before answering. "Well you know that the asylum was here and that everything happen here, but still you moved us back."

I never really thought about it until now. Maybe because I'm used to moving that I didn't think about asking him.

"I thought the asylum is burn down and the Blackhunters are not going to stay in an old burn own place, so I thought it would be the last place they would look for us. I guess I was wrong."

Yeah really wrong.

"And beside that Scott lived here and he said that he didn't see any of them here." I nodded my head.

Scott have lived here his whole life that's how he knew Tom, but he never knew me because I was born in the asylum. He lied to me when he told me that he knew me, but then again everyone lied to me about that.

There was a knock on the backdoor and we both looked up. The door open and Scott came walking in.

"Good morning!" He said happily.

I laugh shaking my head.

"You do know we have a front door right?" Tom asked him.

"Oh I know." He sat down at the table and we both looked at him.

"Then why don't you use it like normal people?" I asked.

He shrug his shoulders. "Since when are we normal."

"He got a point." Tom breath out.

"Oh before I forget happy birthday." Scott said turning to me.

"Thanks."

"So what are the plants for today?" he asked looking at us.

I look up at Tom and saw him smirking.

"We're going to visited some family." He said looking at Scott

I smile looking at Scott.

"You can come if you want." Tom added.