Chapter 30

~Tom~

Thunder roar through the dark night. Only two more days until Ina's birthday. Well one considering that it's two in the morning.

I'm happy that it is her birthday, but I'm not happy for what can happen. We have no idea what the Blackhunters are planning.

Craig told me that the Dawnseekers found out that they were planning on something. Something that have to do with my family.

Lightning shot through the air making my room light up. I look up at the ceiling think for a solution for this.

I don't want to lose Ina and I know they are after them. They send Alex to get her, but he couldn't. I knew he was planning in killing me that night at the asylum, but he didn't when he heard Ina's voice.

He's mad at me, I can feel it. I promise I would protect him from them, but I couldn't. He was only one year old when they took us. Ina was even less lucky she was born in that hell hole.

If I could go back in time and stop them from taking my family I would, but unfortunately there isn't a doctor who is gonna come for me and take me back.

My head snapped to my door when I heard it open.

It was dark in my room, but I could see Ina's messy brown curls. She closed the door behind her before making her way to my bed.

I prop myself up on my elbows and gave her a weird look.

"Ina what's wrong?"

She was about to say something when thunder and lightning when through the sky. She let out a yelp before jumping in my bed.

I chuckle shaking my head. "Ina how many times do I need to tell you this. The thunder can't hurt you."

She pull the pillow from her head that she had put on when she jumped in. "I can't help it. I don't know why I'm scared of thunder. Can I sleep with you tonight?"

I nodded my head giving her a soft smile.

"Thanks." She mumble before climbing underneath the covers.

I lay down beside her covering us both with the warm covers before closing my eyes.

"Tom?"

I didn't bother to open my eyes. "Hmm."

I could hear her sigh. "Am I going to die?" 

I open my eyes and looked at her shocked.

"Of course not. Why would you think that?" I know things has been pretty bad lately, but she's not going to die. If she thinks she is then she's so wrong.

"I have a feeling that someone is going to die." She whisper looking away from me.

The times that I have try to push that feeling away is a lot. It's that feeling in the pit of your stomach and you can't get rid of it. It's just there reminding you that something is coming or that something is going to happen.

"You're not going to die. If you think you are you're wrong. We have gone through so much and survived it." I whisper taking her hand in mine.

"I'm just so tired."

She's not alone, but we can't just stop being us. This is a part of who we are and we can't change that. It's a really bad part, but everyone has a burden to carry around the rest of their lives.

"I know, but you're not alone Ina. I'm here and your friends. We're not going to leave you alone with this, ever."

She shook her head. "My friends are in college now and I'm alone here, because I can't go. Because they control our lives like always." She whisper that last part.

It's a shame that she didn't got the chance to go to college she's great and school and it would be good for her, but I can't risk her going there. People can hurt her or even dead people.

"Things are going to get better eventually Ina. You just have to wait for it."

I hope I'm right on that one.

"Just go to sleep, okay?"

She nodded her head before turning around. I wrap my arm around her holding her hand in mine.

"You're going to be fine." I whisper before closing my eyes.