Chapter 28

~Ina~

I was shocked to see my old teacher standing in my hospital room. I was even more shocked when Scott told us that he was with the Dawseekers. I bet he knew what I was when he asked me all those questions in class.

"Hello Ina and Tom of course." I was still shocked and just looked at him.

"I know your confused." He said looking at me.

"Yeah a little."

"Craig transferred to that school when he heard you would go there." Scott explained.

"So he was you're teacher?" Tom asked looking at me.

Slowly I nodded my head. "Yeah my history teacher."

All this time he's been there to watch me. Did the Dawnseekers send him?

"I know that this is probably a lot to take in, but they send me to see if you were okay. They thought the Ina would be dead by now and that Tom would be on the run alone."

I frown my brows looking down. They think I was dead? It hurt to think that they thought I didn't had a chance on my own out there. Or that they thought that Tom didn't look after me good enough to protected me. Tom stood up walking closer to Craig.

"Why would they think she's dead?" He asked a little angry.

"They thought you would see the truth." I look up confused.

"What do you mean with 'truth'?" He asked through clinched teeth.

"The truth that you couldn't handle taking care of her. Everyone thought she would be killed with in the week you two were alone. Tom the Blackhunters wants her and they will do anything to get her dead or alive." Scott said taking the attention from Craig.

I watch Tom clinch his fists together.

"If they were so concern about her then why didn't they come and help us?" He said on the edge of shouting.

Scott looked at Craig.

"They wanted to test you Tom. They wanted to see if you could handle it. You already lost a sibling inside the asylum. Now was your change to prove you could protect the other." He said looking at me.

"You said that they want me, right? The Blackunters?" Craig nodded his head.

"Then why are they trying to kill me? Do they want me or kill me?" I asked completely confuse.

Let's be honest. They want me dead, alive I'm confuse.

"They want you alive for those secrets, but after they get them they're gonna kill you. They can't keep you in the Blackhunters because Tom isn't in it. You are weaker then and not as powerful as if you two would stay together." Craig explained to me.

I look at Tom and saw him looking down. I was waiting for him to say something, but it was like he was in his own world right now.

"Well they want me more dead apparently." I said turning my head back to Craig.

"Why is that?"

I let out a sigh running my hand through my head. "They send the Mutati after me."

Craig looked at Scott for a sec. It was like he was asking for approval at him. Scott nodded his head and Craig turn back to me.

"The Mutati is not going to kill you. At least we don't think so." Now I'm confuse again.

Why can't these people tell me anything normal.

God it's not hard.

"Why wouldn't he?" They send him to kill me.

It was pretty obvious that he wanted to when he attacked us in the asylum.

"Because normally a person is not going to kill someone he loves." Scott answer.

Again with not telling me What they mean. I was still waiting for Tom to say something, but he just looked at them and didn't even gave me a look. I know he was avoiding me.

"What have that to do with the Mutati killing me?" I asked shaking my head a little.

"Mutati means changed in Latin. The Balckhunters change people like you in a Mutati because they can easily track you. You have a connection with them because you have the same gift as he or she before they became a Mutati." Craig explained.

This is all interesting in all, but I still don't see the point of this.

"Do you know what happen to Alex, Ina?" Craig asked looking me dead in the eyes.

"Uhm I know he's dead." I said silently.

"Do you know how?" I shook my head.

"It was the cause of the accident. The same accident that cause you to lose your memory." I swallow hard looking at the guys in front of me.

"What do you mean? What did they do to him?" My voice was shaky.

Tom finally decided to speak up, but it weren't the words I wanted to hear.

"They changed him, they changed Alex into a Mutati."