Chapter 27

I was peacefully making the love of my life breakfast until a powerful knock hit the door. I walked over and peaked through the window. 2 policemen and a woman that looked like my mom. I ran over to where Matt was sleeping and shook him quickly.

"Matt wake up!" I whisper yelled.

"What what! Everything okay!?" he asked, sitting up quickly.

"My mom and two policemen are here," I said, worried.

He didn't say anything but ran out of bed and threw on a t-shirt. He walked over to the door and opened it up.

"Can I help you?" he said.

"Matthew Espinosa, your under arrest for child embezzlement," the cop said, putting hand cuffs on him.

"What the heck!" he screamed, fighting the man.

"What is this!" I yelled pushing the cop.

"An 18 year old can't be living with a 17 year old," the policemen said.

"I'm going to be 18 in barley two months!" I screamed.

"M'am your not 18 right now. You're going to have to come with us," he said, grabbing my arm.

"Not if she's coming. And you can't be on this property. Get the hell off," I said, pulling my hand away.

"Unless your the owner, you have no right," he said, pulling me to the car.

I saw Matt and tears began pouring out of my eyes. He looked down, blinking tears away.

*At police station*

"If you wanna live with him in two months then that's okay. But other than that, you can't live with him," the lady behind the desk said.

"How long will he be in there for?" I asked.

"We can only hold him for 24 hours hun," she exclaimed.

"Great Chelsey lets go," mom said, grabbing my arm.

I pulled away saying, "You're not my guardian anymore. I'll be staying with dad or grandpa and grandma. If you'll excuse me i'll be waiting here for Matt."

She let out a frustrated groan and stomped out.

I pulled out my phone and immediately dialed dad's number.

Convo:

d- hello?

c- d-dad?

d- Chelsey? 

c- yeah haha

d- oh my god how are you?

c- not very good how about  you?

d- i'm great. Honey what's wrong?

c- its a long story. 

d- oh. Chels I didn't know this was your number. Why are you calling me when you pushed me out of your life?

c- what are you talking about?

d- your number was disconnected, and you never responded to my letters...

c- i never got any letters, and mom gave me this new phone. She said your number was disconnected.

d- Hun we should get some lunch. Where are you now?

c- police station

d- what!!!!!

c- not for me. it's a long story. Tomorrow lunch?

d- yeah sure. We have a lot to catch up on.

c- yeah haha

d- i'll fly you in for the day

c- alright i'll text you where i am and what airport.

d- alright goodbye love you

c- love you too

______

*Chels POV*

I sat there until he was let out. I stood right up when I saw him walk out. He seemed upset but when he saw me his eyes lightened up. I ran over to him and jumped on him. He held me in his arms for awhile until the guard cleared his throat. I let go while Matt signed some papers. We walked out and sat on a bench.

"So what now?" he asked, looking down.

"I called my dad. He's flying me out tomorrow to New York to grab some lunch," I replied.

"Well that's good news," he said, grabbing my hand.

"So what are you gonna do?" I asked.

"I'll hang in the beach house until my mom gets down here," he said.

"Oh okay," I said, looking down.

"I'll ugh call you a cab or something and get you a hotel," Matt said, brushing his hand through his hair.

Matt got up and began talking on the phone. That's when I got a call.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey it's Miranda," the other person said over the line.

"Hey! How are you?" I asked.

"Good! Can you come over tomorrow to sort out paper work and everything for the business?" she asked.

"I can't tomorrow but how about the day after?" I asked.

"Thats fine see you then!" she said, hanging up.

Matt walked over and sat down next to me.

"Cab will be here in a minute," he said.

"Matt i'm so sorry," I blurted.

"For what?" he asked.

"For getting you into this mess and everything," I said, looking down.

Matt cupped my face and said, "none of this was your fault. Stop blaming youself. It'll be fine when you turn 18."

I smiled and leaned my head on his shoulder.

And then the taxi came.