Chapter 1

*Chelseys POV*        

        Let me start off with my name is Chelsey. My mom made us move to California, thousands of miles away from my friends. My dad lives in New York and my two siblings are in college. My mom works 24/7 so i never get to see her.

        I stopped day dreaming in bed, got up and went to the bathroom. Man, I could use a shower. I jumped in the shower using my brand new body wash that had the amazing smell of tropical mango. After the shower, I blow-dried my long, lushes, brown hair, straitened it, and put on some makeup. When I was little I always promised myself that I would never use makeup.... I have a drawer filled with makeup. I put on black high-waisted shorts, blue croptop, and white vans. I walked downstairs to find a note that said my mom had already left for work. Wow, this was gonna be hard. I still haven't gotten my drivers liecence because everytime, I get so scared I sometimes even cry. So I have two choices... one, walk to school, or two go on bus. The school isn't that far, and Ilove walking, so walk to school it is.

        I left the house, and was on my way, when I saw a girl writing in a notebook at the bus stop. She looked up and smiled. I smiled back, and kept walking.

"Um, wait!" I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around and saw the girl stand up looking at me. She had blonde hair, and the prettiest eyes ever! They were a light shade of blue, with a dot of green in each eye, man I would love to have her eyes.

"Are you new? I haven't seen you around school!" She said, with the most amazing smile.

"Uh yeah, I just moved here, I'm Chelsey," I replied.

"Thats so cool! I'm Grace!" She said, cheerfully. I could already tell we were gonna be great friends.

        She decided to join me, walking to school. We talked the whole way there, getting to know each other better.

        Grace is the same age and same grade as me, she isn't very popular which is a big suprise, for the fact that shes gorgeous. She has two younger siblings, and she plays lacrosse just like me.

        *Skipping to school*

        Grace brought me to the office, asking for my schedule. On my way out, I was pushed my a boy.

        "Hey! Watch where your going bitch!" The boy yelled. Everyones eyes were on me.

        Next thing I knew I slapped him in the face and said, "don't you ever call me a bitch! Got that?" 

        Everyones eyes went from normal, to huge! I think I just told off someone very important. I walked away with Grace and she was smiling from ear to ear.

       "I can't believe you just did that! That was amazing!" she said.

        "Why was that amazing? He's just a jerk," I said.

        "That's Matthew Lee Espinosa! He's the most popular kid in school, and no ones ever never ever, stood up to him like that! Not even a guy!" She exclaimed.

        "Really? That's stupid. I don't even know why the girls in this school like him, he seems like such a jerk. I mean, the fact that he just called me a bitch," I replied.

        Grace changed the subject, by looking at our schedules. We had four classes together. The other four, well, I was on my own. The first one I had Language Arts, and she has Social Studies. I found my way there, and walked in the classroom.

       "Students! This is our new student Chelsey Pairson! Please go take a seat," he said. I did what I was told and saw three empty desks. I took a seat in one and took out my notebook, and started doodeling. 

"Mr. Espinosa! Your late! Go take a seat!" The teacher, Mr. M said. My eyes widened, and I looked up from my notebook. Matthew and I made eye contact, and he decided to sit right next to me.

"So your the new girl," Matthew said. I looked up and rolled my eyes.

"That stunt you pulled out there was pretty daring you know," He said, "Listen," He was about to say something until I interupted him.

"How about you listen, I'm not gonna let you or any other kid in this school boss me around because of his status or what. I'm not sorry that I slapped you in the hall cause honestly, you deserved it! Do youself a favor, and don't talk to me," I whisper-yelled. I thought I said it pretty low, but the whole class had their eyes on me, again, and Matthews eyes were wide open. Yup, I went there, I told off the most popular kid in school, again.

*skipping the first four classes and going straight to lunch* 

(Grace is in my last four classes)

"Chelsey!" I heard a familier voice call my name. I looked around and saw Grace waving her hand, instructing me to sit with her. I walked to her table, and saw Matts buddys staring at me, a couple smiling. 

"Woh, I heard that you stood up to Matt again!!!!!!" Grace screamed with joy. 

"Hahaha yeah.." I said. The girls at the table were amused. There were three othetr girls at the table.

"This is Kate, Emily, and Sarah," Grace exclaimed. I nodded. Kate had dirty blonde hair that went down to her hips, with brown eyes. She was really pretty too. Emily was a little big, but not to much, she had short black curly hair, and she was actually really pretty. Sarah had brown hair like mine but hers was a little longer then her shoulders, and she had the most amazing eyes, they were like ti-di.

"So you must be Chelsey," a couple boys came over and sat next to me.

"Uh, yeah," I replied, while the girls were like freaking out.

"Well, I'm Cameron, that's Carter, thats Shawn, and thats Taylor," He said while all the guys said hi.

"Yeah were Matts friends," Carter added.

"Oh Matthews friends? You guys aren't asses either are you?" I asked. They all chuckeled.

"Matt does that sometimes, he likes you though," Shawn said with the cutest smile. Matthew Lee Espinosa likes me? The most popular kid in school likes me? Wow.

"What do you mean likes?" I asked. The boys got up, and before they walked away Taylor said, "Like in crushing on you," They smiled and went back to their table. The girls were like freaking out, it looked like Kate was gonna have a seizure.

"OMG MATTHEW LEE ESPINOSA HAS A CRUSH ON YOU!!!" The girls said in harmony.

I laughed and said, "He's a jerk, I'll let one of the sluts have him," 

"But the boys came to talk to you, they never ever ever EVER come to our table to talk to us! It's because of you! I freaken love you Chelsey!" Sarah yelled with excitement!

*Matts POV*

When I called Chelsey a bitch, and then actually looked at her, she looked so familier, like I had to know her. When she slapped me and stuck up for herself, I wanted to smile, but I couldn't. She's different. She's npt like the girls in this school, all the girls want me of course, but she, shes hard to get. And I like that. Oh my god, do I have a crush on a girl? I'm Matt Espinosa, I don't crush on girls. But It's different with Chelsey, I have to know her.