Chapter 20

I woke up to the sound of a truck pulling into my driveway. I sat up sat there for about 10 minutes. I finally got up and grabbed the sheets and blankets, throwing them into a box. I had to start bringing the boxes downstairs. I grabbed my phone to text the regular group chat.

C- Guys I have a lot of boxes to put in the truck... can you please come over and help but mostly to say goodbye?- Chelsey<3

I put my phone down and started bringing down boxes. I could hear the notifications from the group chat so everyone was probably coming.

After putting 10 boxes in the 18-wheeler, everyone had arrived, except for Matt. It was pretty quiet but there was whispers.

"Okay guys we all realize that i'm leaving in an hour so can we please actually talk before I go?" I said, throwing a box in the truck.

"Yeah sorry," Emily said, grasping me in a hug.

In 5 seconds, everyone joined in. Tears began blurring my eyes but I stayed strong, and showed them I was okay.

"So where is your new house anyways?" Taylor asked.

"I don't think you guys wanna know," I replied, looking down.

"Where Chelsey?" Cameron asked.

"It's in Georgia," I said.

All of their mouths dropped to the ground.

"What! That's so far away!" they all screamed.

"I know. That's why i'm leaving so early. I have a plane to catch," I replied.

Everyone was quiet again because they didn't know what to say. The thought finally came back to me that Matt still wasn't here. And now, I only had a half hour.

"Guys where's Matt?" I asked.

"Um you didn't see the group chat?" Emily said.

"No!" I yelled, snatching her phone.

I scrolled up to see Matts response.

M-Busy.-Matty

S-Wtf? What could possibly be more important?- Sara

C- Matt come on- Cam

M- Anything is better than that. Have fun.-Matty

My heart shattered. I handed her back the phone and sat down on a box.

"I'm sorry Chels," Shawn said, wrapping his arms around me.

I smiled and hugged him back. For the last half hour we all finished packing the boxes and talked, though I was really upset about Matt.

"Goodbye guys!" I said, giving them all my last hug.

"Bye Chelsey!!" They all said, tears streaming down most of their faces.

I got in the car with my mom and she drove off with the truck behind us.

I put my headphones over my ears to block away the pain. Here we go.

*Carters POV*

Right as Chelsey left I got in my car and drove off before anyone could ask where. They probably know exactly where I'm going... To Matts.

I pulled in the driveway and barged in the house.

"Hey Carter how are you?" Mrs. Espinosa said, while she made dinner.

"I'm good thanks but where's Matt?" I asked.

"He's in his room. He seems upset. Did Chels and him break up again?" she asked.

"No he didn't tell you? She's moving," I said, walking up the stairs.

I could hear Mrs.E gasp but I didn't have time for chit-chat, Matt was getting it from me.

I opened and slammed the door shut.

"Nice act you pulled today," I said, shutting off his TV.

"What the hell Carter!" Matt said, jumping up.

"Why. Why would you miss it," I said.

"What are you talking about?" Matt spat.

"You know exactly," I said.

"I couldn't go man. It's not that big of a deal. She's moving like a town over. But anyways I want her to hate me. I can't stand it," he said.

"Matt she's moving to Georgia... and you shouldn't want her to hate you. You both love each other," I said.

"SHE'S MOVING TO GEORGIA?!?!" Matt screamed.

"Yeah I thought she just told you," I said.

"I screwed up. I do love her but I thought it would be easier for her to be mad at me so we could move on," he exclaimed.

"Matt what are you gonna do?" I asked.

"Get in the car... we're going to the airport," Matt yelled, half out the door.