Chapter 26: Mizukuya, The Demon Kingdom of Water

I apologize for the long wait for this chapter! I've been working on some side stuff, and school, ugh, school, but... I hope you enjoy this chapter and... Make sure to check out the GATE Origins book, there might be something up there by Halloween ^.~

As my group of friends and I walked towards the smaller city in Mizukuya, Keita walked ahead and guided us.

"This is a smaller city inside of the Demon Kingdom of Water called Suika," Keita said as we walked, "It's nothing more than a trading post, as it on the outskirts of the kingdom, separated by the Forest of Erikal, but I need to pick something up from there, an item... Something that might determine whether we are killed or aided here."

There was a silence after Keita's explanation.

"Wait, so you're telling me that we can't just walk over to Kazekuya right now and take care of business??" Riku asked.

"It doesn't work like that," Satsujin said from the back of the group.

"Mmhm," Faith with Satsujin, "There are dangerous natural boundaries in between each Demon Kingdom, so without the right transportation, it's unlikely that we'd even survive the trip there."

Shocked at what she said, I almost forgot that Faith was a witch from Hell.

"Wow Faith, you seem to know your stuff," I told her, grinning as she walked besides me.

"Yeah, well, it's just common sense here, y'know, don't leave your kingdom unless you're prepared for it," she replied back.

"Which kingdom did you come from, Faith?" Falen asked her.

Faith looked to me and laughed a little bit, "I actually lived in the Demon Kingdom of Fire, Hikuya."

I didn't get what she was hinting at, but it amused her.

Falen raised an eyebrow in surprise, "Really? I was born there too, what a coincidence."

Falen noticed Faith's glance at me and looked to me as well, "Wait, Shizuo, are you hiding something from us?..."

I looked between Faith and Falen and shook my head, "No, well,  yeah, aren't we all? But I promise I'm not some demon or anything, this is my first time in Hell," I looked to Faith, "So I don't know why you gave me that look..."

Faith giggled a bit before answering, "Oh, it's nothing. It's just that the prince was quite the looker, and you remind me of him," she winked after saying so.

"Ah, I see..." I really didn't, but I was curious as to how this prince was now.

Keita waited until this conversation ended and spoke after we had finished.

"Faith is right when she says that the trip is dangerous on foot, so I'd rather risk our chances with Mizukuya than doing that."

"How do you think they'll welcome you, Keita?" Mizu asked.

"Probably not at all, but if my one contact is still here, we will be fine."

"Who is it?" Mizu asked.

"An ally of mine, one who I trust with my life," Keita replied. Mizu, seeming to hope for a name, was a bit discomforted but let it go.

"So what is it that we're getting, exactly, Keita?" Iris asked.

"An item," Keita simply said.

Iris, unlike Mizu, didn't take Keita's vague reply as an answer.

"I know that, but what is it exactly??"

Keita waited a bit before answering.

"Possibly the strongest item in all of Mizukuya."

The air seemed to tense at Keita's reply. Ake, surprisingly, broke the silence.