Friends ; Chapter Seventeen

Dan and Phil stayed cuddled in that hospital for a while. Occasionally, Dan would look back at Phil over his shoulder and giggled. "I love you." Dan whispered.

"I love you too, so much." Phil replied, leaning in for a kiss until the door busted open but they untangled their bodies quickly.

"Hey boys," Dan's mother came in, too concentrated on not dropping Phil's food to notice her before cuddling son and his friend, "I know you haven't been eating much Phil, but here's some food just in case you find it in you, please try." she told him as she opened then milk carton, put a red straw in it, walking out with a polite smile that resembles Dan's.

"Sorry about her, she really has a talent for interrupting things, I'm sure you've noticed" Dan apologized, making Phil laugh and hold his hand.

"She's just being nice, I appreciate it." Phil remarked, kissing his boyfriend on the cheek, "you should too."

//////////////////

Phil looked over at the bathroom door, hearing the running water flow as he sunk his teeth into his bottom lip. There was something he had been meaning to talk to him about for a while, and it was finally time to talk about it.

"Hey Dan, there's something I've been meaning to talk tell you." Phil randomly brought up as Dan walked out of the bathroom, shaking his hands to dry them.

"You seem nervous, what's up?" Dan asked, concerned.

"Oh it's nothing, really, but I've been accepted into University of the Arts London." Phil told him, his smile showing a bit but scared for any reaction Dan might have due to the distance that would be between them, considering the fact that Dan wouldn't go to an arts school.

"That's great Phil! Why didn't you tell me sooner this is amazing, and why are you scared?" Dan jumped to the bedside, questioning Phil, who was now smiling.

"Well I didn't want to say it while we weren't dating, in case it would stop us from starting. I know you don't have too much of a high interest in art, so that'd mean we'd be going to different colleges." Phil pointed out, making Dan slightly upset.

Dan didn't want to say anything, but he was also accepted into a college. The thing was it wasn't in London, it was in Manchester. Just the thought of being too far from Phil made Dan feel sick, but he couldn't let that make him too sad.

"Dan? You seem off, are you alright?" Phil questioned, sitting up next to Dan and wrapping his arm around his waist, his chin resting on Dan's shoulder.

"Oh yeah it's nothing, I just haven't gotten a lot of sleep lately, being at the hospital for 2 weeks tired me out I suppose." Dan chuckled, a fake smile on his face, but still believable.

"Yeah, I hope I can go home soon." Phil said, as Dan's mom walked into the room.

"Well, your wish is granted then, you can go home as soon as you want to!" she told him cheerfully, and Phil nearly sprang up and hugged Dan, then kissed him swiftly. "Thanks Mrs.Howell, for everything." Phil looked over, and she smiled before taking Phil's tray from lunch, smiling as she saw that Phil ate everything on his own. "You can go talk to one of the nurses when your ready." she informed Phil, before walking out

Dan looked at him and the two boys hugged again, smiling widely. "We can go home." Dan whispered, without breaking the hug.

//

"And, sign here." the nurse told Phil, and he happily obliged, "now you're all set, we wish you the best, Phil." the nice lady told him.

"Thank you." he responded, giving her the pen back and walking out the doors for the first time in weeks, his fingers intertwined with Dan's.

"It feels like I haven't seen the sun in months." Phil told him, breathing in the fresh air.

"I like staying inside, the sun is bad.." Dan joked and Phil giggled.

Dan dug through his pockets and pulled out his wallet. The two of them walked to the bus stop, and the next one came in about 10 minutes. Dan handed the driver his money and Phil smiled politely as the lady gave them a stern look, not because she was mad, but because that's just how her face was.

The two of them headed to the back of the bus, where there was hardly anyone. Dan sat in the window seat, and Phil took a seat next to him, grabbing his boyfriend's hand and resting his head on his shoulder.

When Phil slowly drifted to sleep in about 5 minutes, he was smiling slightly yet awkwardly, the way Dan always loved. He kissed the top of Phil's head, ignoring the disgusted glare he would get from the wandering, judgmental eyes of the other passengers on the bus. 

Dan then pulled out his phone and headphones from his back pocket, and began playing slow music, letting everything else drown out as Phil adorably shifted in his deep sleep, still leaning on Dan.

An old lady traveled to the back of the bus, and dropped all of her things which made Phil immediately wake up, and once he realized what had happened, he jumped out of his seat and helped her pick up her things.

"Oh, thank you dear." she whispered as Phil handed her the purse that was covered with floral designs and filled with candy and the scent of lavender.

Dan had slowly fallen asleep as well, so he was unaware of everything that was happening, until he looked over when Phil jumped back into the seat, looking scared. Dan hopped up and looked behind them at the old lady, who Dan knew he had seen before, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. 

"Phil what's wrong?" Dan asked and Phil hid in his jacket and clutched onto Dan's hand. 

Phil slowly pointed to the moving figure, rapidly walked towards them as she recognized both of them. Dan then realized how he knew the old lady, and then the old lady confirmed his thoughts as she spoke to the body in motion.

"Allison, sweetie, come on and sit down, I'd hate to slow down the bus." 

Alright I'm not sure if this is good at all but it took me like a month to update so sorry about that.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!! Thanks so much for reading, I'm gonna read tabinof while listening to the new 5sos album :) 

Love always,
Mary