Gun Shot

So I'm going to be continuing the terrosist story, I'm really getting into it so my updates will probably be so much longer than the first chapter! P.s I'm not 100% sure what terrorist groups are/ and why they do what they do, so I guessed. I went along the lines of peer pressure, I found that easier to write as I know more about it. So sorry if I get it wrong xx

Connie was so shocked she froze, not daring to move. Jacob's first reaction was to get Connie out, and now.

As he took one step Josh said; "Take one more step and I'll fire this, at both of you. And don't think of running out of here, the rest of my gang are at the door." Jacob instantly stopped, the whole E.D now at risk.

Connie was still too terrified to move, she just stood there open mouthed.

"Why are you doing this Josh? We can help you, whatever it is." Jacob tried to get to the root of his problem, then maybe he will lower the gun.

"You can't help me. No one can." Josh snapped

"Well we can try as hard as we can." Jacob said, still glued to the floor.

"You lot are the last people I'd ask." Josh said. Jacob was confused at this.

"What do you mean by us lot?" Connie finally found the courage to speak.

"I'm meant to be killing everyone that does things to help others, I have no choice." Josh's hand was now shaking.

"What do you mean you have no choice?" Jacob asked, his voice shaking. Connie had never seen Jacob this scared, he usually seemed really calm.

"I can't.. I can't tell you that" Josh hesitated.

"Of course you can Josh, were not allowed to tell anyone, patient confidentially." Connie was determined to get to the bottom of the problem.

"No. You're lying."

"I promise you Josh, if you tell us, we could help." Jacob reassured him.

Connie was trying to listen what was going on outside resus, but all she could here was shuffling around, it looked like they were desperately trying to see what was happening inside resus, but no-one dared come in, they obviously knew the gang were outside, as they hadn't evacuated.

"Well..." Josh glanced outside. "Well... That gang outside... they... they forced me into it." He looked very vulnerable at this point, still pointing the gun with a shaky hand towards Jacob and Connie.

Jacob gestured towards his bed, asking if he could move forward. Josh nodded. As Jacob moved closer, Connie followed. She couldn't let Jacob go alone. But as she did this, Jacob put his hand out to stop her.

"Connie, please stay here. I don't want you to get hurt." Jacob was concerned for Connie's safety, he had to protect her.

After what seemed like an eternity, Connie agreed to stay back, but wasn't happy about it, she was ready to pounce if anything went wrong.

Jacob took a few steps forward, he didn't want to go too far, considering Josh was pointing a gun at his head.

"We can help you Josh, if you just let us call the police, they can get rid of the gang and you can get help. You won't be punished for it, as long as it doesn't go any further." Jacob said, his voice still shaking.

"No, please don't, you don't understand" Josh said, tears falling down his face.

"We can try to understand Josh, as long as you tell us." Connie replied.

"If... If I don't do this, they will..." He paused. "Kill me."

"But if we call the police, they will be charged for terrorist acts. They wouldn't bother you again." Jacob said reassuringly.

"But they would find me, even if they go to jail... When they get out."

"That's where we come in Josh. We're here to help." Connie said.

As Connie was about to go on about how they could help him, the resus doors opened. There were 3 armed policeman at the door. This was a great relief to Connie and Jacob, they were safe.

At this sight, Josh became even more agitated. He still pointed the gun at Connie and Jacob.

The police officers gestured to Connie and Jacob to leave, but as Connie turned around, Jacob threw himself on top of her, just as a BANG! echoed through the whole hospital. Connie instantly turned round and saw Jacob, unresponsive and his arm bleeding so much you couldn't see where the gun shot was...