Cal's envy

Thank you for the comments - I've decided to keep it going. Also a massive thanks to sabs-sabs for this idea, I loved it! Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I was really busy. Xx

It had been a few weeks and the rest of the staff had come to terms with the fact Connie was now one of them, and they loved it, apart from Cal, who was still green with envy! She spent more time in the staffroom than in her office, she was so much happier.

"Morning Queen B" Jacob muttered as he rolled over.

Connie didn't snap back, she had come to terms with the fact she couldn't stop Jacob from coming up with annoying nicknames.

The pair got ready, Connie had finally sorted out her wardrobe, she now knew where everything is. Jacob was ready within 5 minutes, but Connie hadn't even chosen what to wear yet. She finally settled for a stunning black tight fitting dress, her signature black Laboutins and curled hair.

"You look gorgeous babe" Jacob complimented as he hugged her.

"Says you, how do you look like that in 5 minutes?" Connie replied.

"Practice." Jacob said simply.

The couple arrived at the hospital in Connie's stunning car, and entered hand in hand, no one was surprised anymore. As Cal looked up to see the couple looking very proud, he turned away, he couldn't stand the sight.

Their days were relatively easy, no major traumas and no deaths. Jacob was still on shift when Connie had her lunch break, so she decided to spend a bit of time catching up on paperwork. About 10 minutes into her work, she heard a knock on the door, it didn't sound like Jacob's.

"Come in." Connie didn't want to be disturbed, but wanted to know who it was.

Cal entered and sat on the seat opposite Connie. Out of everyone in the hospital, she disliked Cal the most.

"I never said you could sit down" Connie snapped, her icy exterior was making a special appearance, just for Cal.

"I think you need to know something Connie, before you go any further." Cal started.

"Somehow I don't think I will be interested." Connie said, even though she was intrigued.

Cal continued, regardless.

"I just thought you deserved to know that Jacob isn't who you think he is.." Before he could continue, Connie stood up.

"Dr Knight, before you try to ruin my relationship out of pure jealousy, I think you should leave. NOW" Connie was fed up with Cal's attitude towards Connie's relationship with Jacob.

She was practically pushing Cal out the door when he blurted out;

"He has a wife."

Connie slammed the door in his face. He didn't have a wife. Right? She was sure Cal was just messing about, but she still couldn't shake the thought off. She tried to continue her work, but instead found herself deep in thought.

'He doesn't, he can't. He loves me. Or is that an act?' Connie debated in her head.

After a good 20 minutes, Connie decided to find out the truth. She entered the patient database, and entered 'Jacob Masters' into the search bar. She hesitated as she clicked 'Family Members' but decided to continue. The results showed;

'Anna Masters. Wife.'

Connie couldn't believe her eyes. She was so angry she couldn't describe it. She loved him more than anything, and this had shattered her heart. As she started welling up, she heard Jacob's signature knock.

"Hey babe" He said cheerfully, like nothing was wrong.

Connie was speechless.