The Game

"Come on, let's go practice before your game." Louis insisted. The field was empty, we were there early to practice. I grabbed my soccer ball and walked over to the goal that Louis was standing in front of, kicking the ball as I walked. "Okay ready?" Louis asked, walking out of the goal. We were practicing one on one. After practicing for about an hour the other members of my team began to show up. As we waited on the sideline Louis looked at me. He smiled and put his hand on my shoulder. "Maddy. I know you can do this. Try your best and I'll be here to cheer you on. Good luck." He said, kissing my cheek. "Thanks." I playfully punched his shoulder. We got our positions, I was put on center midfield. The referee blew his whistle and the game begun. I ran after the ball and got it a million times, running it up to the goal and scoring [I scored 3 times, with the help of my teammates]. The time was running out and I was making my way up the field when all of a sudden a girl [taller and bigger than me] rammed into me, knocking me off my feet. My knee skidded against the hard ground. I lay there, holding my knee, in pain. The referee blew his whistle and Louis came running out to the field. He fell to the ground. "Maddy, are you okay??" He asked, worriedly. I cried as I held my knee. "No. My leg." I couldn't get up. Louis slung his arm around me and helped me off the field. Everyone clapped as Louis sat me down on the bench. He sat down next to me and put his arm around me. The coach gave me ice and it felt better. It wasn't broken, it just hurt. "You okay babe?" He asked, looking down at my leg, than into my eyes. I smiled at him, "I'm fine, thank you Louis." I laid my head on his shoulder. My leg stopped hurting and it was a bit past halftime. I got up and walked over to the coach. "Put me back in. They need me out there. I didn't come just to give up cause someone ran into me. Put me back in." She finally gave in. They referee blew his whistle again and I was back in. I looked at Louis and smiled. He smiled too and gave me a thumbs up. The game started up again. I ran and ran, feeling as though I was going to pass out, but I didn't give up. I got the ball and thought, "This is my chance." I took a deep breathe and darted towards the goal. Girls came running after me but I didn't hesitate. I passed the ball to a teammate and she kicked it into the air. I lifted up my leg and kicked the ball with my foot. We all watched as it made its way to the goal. The goalie didn't catch it and it went in. The referee blew his whistle and everyone cheered. My teammates all ran to me and circled around me. After all the high fives from them and the other team Louis ran to me. He picked me up and spun me in a circle. He set me down and enveloped me into a bear hug and kissed me. After he kissed me he looked me in the eyes and smiled then said, "I'm so proud of you!!"