VII

Ogi's Interlude ~ Agreement

Ogi had a feeling that as soon as the brown-haired girl in front of him came into the scene, she was another brat like that Won brat. Behind her innocent smile, there was a hidden cunning side. Won was plenty similar in that aspect. They were plenty smart; the evidence being that they were able to turn the tide of the game into his hands. 

Once she helped him win, he decided at that moment to help her. He implied for her to follow him so that they could speak about what she needed. He was expecting something terrible yet simple like she needed money to pay for a debt or something but the words that came out of her mouth made his eyes widen in surprise.

"I was hoping you could give me information concerning the affairs outside of the Sky Tribe's territory." She said in a calm tone.

He stared into her eyes and could see a certain type of intensity you usually couldn't see in the eyes of a child. It was unnerving how her eyes seemed to be able to see right through him. It was like she could see his deepest and darkest secrets. He broke away. 

"Brat, what would you need that information for?" He decided to ask while taking a peek to see if she was still staring at him.

The brat's eyes drifted downwards and she suddenly became quiet. "Hmm...I need your answer otherwise I won't be able to help you. You may have helped me with that game but what you're asking me is gonna cost you a bit more than that." He spoke.

"Say..."

"Hm?"

"...if I paid you with money, would you not ask that certain question and simply give me the information?" She asked.

"Well, only if you can pay for it."

She paused for a moment as if to contemplate about something. The furrowing of her eyebrows gave it away. "Ah, too bad. I have no money on me today, mister." She apologized with a sheepish smile. An eyebrow was raised at her response. He was expecting her to pay him once she mentioned the money but was surprised she did not.

"I suppose I must go now, I really need to get back." She said all of a sudden and stood up to walk out of the door but he stopped her. 

"Wait." He saw a bit of disappointment in her eyes as she turned but then it disappeared as quickly as it came. That broke down his resolve not to tell her. He couldn't help but give her what she wanted.

"Ugh! Alright, I'll give you what you want. You mentioned something about leaving..?" She nodded. "Come back tomorrow, I'll have it prepared by then." He said.

"Thank you, mister." She bowed in a polite manner. "See you tomorrow."