XXX

Separate Ways

"This..." Hak trailed off as he took a quick look around. "To think that there was a secret backdoor as a way out of the castle." He paused before his eyes looked into mine. "Now why would the princess know of this?" He asked in a rather accusing tone.

"Ahaha," I answered sheepishly. "It was actually an accident that I managed to find this underground pathways though. But because I found them and took the time to explore them beforehand, we managed to escape safely, right?" I tried to give Hak a light jab but he dodged it.

(Tch.)

"Haaa~" Min-Soo suddenly let out a relieved sigh just as his legs collapsed on the ground, no longer being able to support his upper body.

"Are you alright, Min-Soo?" I asked as I approached him.

"I'm alright, Princess. I just feel relieved that we're safe now." He said with an utterly relaxed smile on his face.

"Actually, we're not out of the red zone yet." Hak spoke up from behind.

The two of us (me and Min-Soo respectively), turned to look at him. I nodded in agreement to his words while Min-Soo let out a surprised "really?!". I chuckled at Min-Soo's reaction before holding out a hand for him to hold onto.

"Get up," I told him and he did.

"What's the plan, Princess?" Hak suddenly asked me, much to my surprise. It must have showed on my face since he added, "Well, since you seem to be pretty prepared. You probably have some kind of plan in that brain of yours."

I paused and then grinned at him. "You're right there, Hak. I indeed do have a plan," I gave a Min-Soo a glance to which he noticed and stared at me, "but it involves only the two of us. Min-Soo, we'll have to separate for the time being."

"Why, Princess?" Min-Soo immediately asked, surprised by the sudden decision. "Won't it be safer if I travel with you?"

"No, it won't. It will be much faster if Hak and I head out by ourselves. But don't look so glum, I have a task for you, Min-Soo." I told him before I opened the small pack slung around my shoulder and started rummaging through it. I beamed as soon as I felt the small paper in my hand.

"Here," I said as I proceeded to hand it to him. "Just shout, 'It's Ying!' , as soon as you enter the marketplace. Someone will find you - it doesn't matter how they look like - just give that person the note and they will lead you to someone named Ogi. Don't be too intimidated by his looks though, he's a pretty good guy despite his exterior." I then pushed him towards the direction of his destination and gave him a small wave.

He was frozen, still trying to decipher my words.

"Good luck, Min-Soo!" I shouted, which caused him to snap out of his trance. "I'm counting on you!"

"A-Ah - Y-Yes, Princess! I'll do my best!" He said before finally leaving.