XLV

Warmth

"Fuu~ That was delicious!" I grinned as I placed down the now-empty bowl back on the tray.

"I'm glad you liked it, princess!" Elder Mundok exclaimed in delight. "Would you like you some more porridge?"

I shook my head. "It's fine, Elder Mundok. I'm quite full as you can see," I lightly patted my stomach to show him that I was indeed full from the delicious food. "I'll say it again, it was very delicious...and warm as well...Thank you very much for the food."

I closed my eyes, taking a few seconds to reminisce the time father tried to cook some porridge for me. It had been terrible in taste but I could somehow taste the warm feelings he had poured into creating it.

The elder sighed. "Alright, now that we've settled down properly. What are you planning to do?"

"Recuperate." I answered immediately with a one-worded response.

I grinned slyly when he looked like he was going to almost face-fall to the floor from my answer. He saw my grin but pretended not to notice it. He sighed again.

"Please elaborate your answer, Princess Yona."

I chuckled. "Alright, I'll answer you question more properly this time." The small smile disappeared from my face to be replaced with a more serious look.

"Hak." I called out to my most trusted friend.

Hak stood up from his place near the window and sat on my other side, across his surrogate grandfather, Son Mundok.

I placed a hand on my chest, right above the area where my beating heart laid. "As of now, my main priority is to help Kouka Kingdom. The economy is bad and corruption runs deep within the provinces, I have to stop it and  I cannot do that if I am captured or worse, dead. Hak will be with me during the journey because I will need his help."

The elder looked at me straight in the eye. "Princess, while I am happy that you wish to help save this kingdom. You and Hak alone will be unable to do this by yourselves. Eventually, Soo-Won will find you with his forces and it will end...badly."