XIII

Hak's Interlude ~ Tournament

Hak felt really excited today, he was gonna face many different opponents. Even General Geun-Tae and Captain Joo-Doh were there! He might even get the chance to battle with them! His eyes were blazing with determination. He quietly watched from the stands as the battles progressed. One contender in particular caught his interest.

It was a young boy, probably a few years younger than him. He had spiky brown hair and oddly enough, his eyes looked very familiar but Hak could not fathom why. The boy was known as Feng according to the commentators. 

Feng's martial arts was unusual, he didn't use any weapons. Instead, he fought bare handed. His attacks were kind of weak but whenever he hit the opponent, they ended up losing consciousness.

This guy might just be one of opponents I have been looking for! Hak thought.

It was the semi-finals now and Feng's opponent was the general of the Earth Tribe, Lee Geun-Tae. If that kid managed to defeat the general, then it would be considered an amazing achievement. Hak watched carefully as the young boy skillfully dodged the general's swings. It was astounding, he was moving like the wind; dodging as if he knew where the older man's strikes would hit next.

In the blink of an eye, Feng was already in front of General Geun-Tae with his right hand aiming for a thrust to his neck. Surprised, the general moved back as quickly as he could and straightened his stance. His eyes narrowed and then he jumped forward with his sword in hand. However, before he could even attack, the boy raised his hands in surrender.

"I forfeit the match," he said.

Hak noticed that the boy's voice was unusually high. He tilted his head slightly as he thought that it must be pitiful for the boy to have such a high-pitched voice. Perhaps it would get better in the future, there was still puberty after all. His thoughts went over to the results of the match after that.

He also watched as Feng left the stadium at the same time. He was calm and composed. A small smile was on his face as if he knew from the very beginning of that certain match that he would forfeit it at the end.

Odd. He thought. 

It was a shame he wouldn't be able to fight such a promising competitor. Maybe sometime in the future they would meet and he would be able to battle against him for the first time.

Unknown to him, this peculiar character was in fact the princess of the Kouka Kingdom, Yona!