VIII

Certainty

I still had a few more minutes left before the guards would start checking up on me but nevertheless, I quickened my pace. I ran and ran, not paying attention to my surroundings. Eventually, I knocked into someone and fell on my butt.

"Ow," I murmured. It wasn't really painful or anything at all but I couldn't help but say it anyway.

"Oh no, I'm sorry! Let me help you, young miss!" The person whom I knocked into said as he helped me up. I brushed the dirt away from my clothes and then looked up.

The person I bumped into was a young man with blue eyes and thick, messy yellow hair. A short green bandanna with an orange hanging beaded accessory, decorated with a gold circular dragon design, was wrapped around his forehead. He was wearing an orange overcoat with diamond patterns on top of a white robe with brown hemlines. Fastened around his neck was a green scarf. He was also wearing a pair of brown boots.

His blue eyes caught mine and we both blinked in surprise(?). I wasn't really sure but my Hyper Intuition began buzzing around him. The man suddenly gave me a bright smile and I smiled in return.

I bowed as an apology. "I'm sorry, mister. I didn't watch where I was going. Please forgive me." I told him and he waved it off as if it was nothing. He was a rather cheerful man.

"It's alright, Zeno didn't get hurt at all!" He said cheerfully.

Zeno? He speaks in third person? That must be his name then. He is someone important...someone whom I'll meet in the future... I thought with certainty.

"Oh no! I need to go now!" I cried out in fear as I suddenly remembered my imaginary ticking clock. "Sorry again, mister! Bye!"

I broke into a run once more, heading back to the castle. As I did that, my mind began forming questions.

I wonder if I was supposed to meet that person today? Simply by inhabiting this body, I have already started changing things. I wonder how the original Yona would have been. Would she have left to visit the outside of the castle even after experiencing that kind of traumatizing incident? Or would she have simply stayed inside?