XII

Plan

After I had gone into hiding due to my embarrassment of screaming out loud, I finally calmed down enough to seek my two friends out. It turned out that they were waiting for me in the garden. Good thing my Hyper Intuition warned me otherwise I would have to search the whole castle.

"G-guys!" I called out to them.

They looked up from their positions and beamed. "Yona! Are you alright now?" Soo-Won asked immediately as soon as he was in front of me. Okay, you can do this! Control yourself, don't blush! Don't blush, don't blush, don't...

Whew. Okay, I controlled myself. Yay! I thought happily.

"Yup, don't worry." I laughed sheepishly. "Sorry, that was kind of embarrassing. I never thought I would scream like that again." I said.

"No, not at all! It was cute actually!" He said. I turned to Hak to distract myself. I suddenly remembered something when I finally noticed that familiarly wrapped pole he was holding. I sighed internally, I really am an idiot sometimes. I can't believe I didn't notice that sooner.

It was a Hsu Quandao based from what I remembered reading from before.

"Hey, Hak, you're joining this year's Martial Arts Tournament, right?" I asked the black-haired boy. 

"Hm? Oh, yeah. I'm planning on getting into the finals and blow that old geezer's mind away." He grinned and lightly swung his weapon.

"Good luck, I'll be rooting for you!" I told him to which he simply grinned once more. As he was distracted with thoughts of beating his opponents, my eyes narrowed. His swing... It may have been a light one but I could feel the power behind it, Hak had been definitely training hard.

"We should probably go to the venue now." Soo-Won spoke up.

"Yeah," Hak and I replied at the same time.

I let the two walk faster than me as soon as they were engaged in a conversation with each other. My head lowered slightly, causing my red-colored bangs to cover my face. I grinned as I thought of what I had planned before.

Entering the tournament was a great idea! I can't wait! I wonder how far my skills have grown in this new body? Will I end up fighting Hak in the end? Aah~ so exciting!