XXXIX

A Plan

"Hey, Princess, I've been wondering..." Hak suddenly spoke up just as I was about to take a bite out of one of the fruits I found for breakfast.

"Hm?" I said as I turned to him. "What is it, Hak?"

He looked at me for a moment, his attention briefly directed towards the hairpin on my hair before looking into my eyes.

(He was trying to be subtle about it but I still noticed it. I wonder what he thought about it?)

"What exactly is your next course of action after we finish our breakfast?" He asked curiously.

"Oh, I'm planning for us to visit your hometown next. I have something I wish for you to tell Elder Mundok."

"Gramps? Concerning what exactly?"

I gave him an eye-closed smile. "I'm sure you know what I am pertaining to in particular, Hak."

His eyes narrowed and his eyebrows furrowed as he went over my words. And then he looked at me again with a grim look on his face.

"You're talking about how the king's death and our sudden disappearance from the castle will affect the state of the castle. Considering the fact that I'm a general of one of the five tribes and you're the princess of the kingdom, there will be rumours cropping up about our disappearance."

"Yes, and since you are a part of the Wind Tribe. There might be some rumours that will end up affecting your tribe negatively due to our said disappearance. I have no wish for your tribe members to be even seen under a negative light by the kingdom." I answered as I finally took a bite from the fruit that had a similar taste to an apple back from my world. I closed my eyes as I savored the familiar taste. Before I knew it, I had finished eating the whole thing.

Opening my eyes, I looked at Hak who had been staring at me rather strangely. I decided to pretend not to notice and continued speaking. "That's why, this is where you'll come in. As soon as we arrive in Fuuga, we - no, you will speak to Elder Mundok and tell him that you will abdicate your position as the leader of the Wind Tribe."

I stared at him.

He sighed. "I have an idea as to why. Since we will be operating independently, you have no wish for us to have any connection with the Wind Tribe so that it will not end up affecting them negatively no matter what we will end up doing together, am I right, Princess?"

I grinned. "Correct."