XXIV

Fighting Back

"Lord Soo-Won!!" The armed men shouted. My body tensed, I was ready to run when needed. 

It is time, I thought. 

It seemed that everything I had prepared for early on in my life would prove to be fruitful. I watched as those armed men made a path for the newcomer. He had dark colored hair and was dressed in fine robes. He immediately made way towards Soo-Won and then stopped when he noticed me.

"Lord Soo-Won, this girl...is she Princess Yona?" He asked. "Could it be...that the princess saw? Well then...we can save an explanation."

I shifted. I knew what was going to happen next, that man was going to have me killed. I ran past the guards at once before he even had the chance to say it out loud. I looked over my shoulder for a moment and saw Soo-Won staring at me.

"Goodbye." I mouthed to him and his eyes widened as if he understood.

I began to run even faster. My hyper intuition buzzed and I dodged the incoming whip. Unfortunately, my clumsiness kicked in at the wrong moment and I ended up tripping to my face. The sounds of their weapons being pointed towards my person were heard.

I was surrounded and it seemed that Soo-Won managed to arrive at the scene too. I got up but did not make a move to stand. Otherwise, it would result to aggravating the fake guards. One of the men raised his sword but before he could even bring it down -

Hak suddenly appeared.