XXIX

Destination Is?

"Princess, I hate to say this," Hak spoke up all of a sudden as I led the way through the underground passages. 

"Hate to say what?" I asked.

"Where exactly are we going?" Min-Soo cut in, finishing Hak's unfinished question.

"Oh." I muttered and then suddenly beamed. "Not to worry! We're almost there!" Just as I said those words, I came across the familiar secret door which I usually used when I wanted to escape the castle. It was a cellar-type of door so it had to be pushed open. Fortunately, Hak saw it and opened it up for me.

"Thanks, Hak." I told him before going through the door. He and Min-Soo were about to follow me out but I stopped them. "Wait," I said. "don't follow me. I just need to get some things before we leave the castle. It'll be troublesome if we get caught now and this thing will be done pretty quickly."

Hak gave me a pointed stare to which I ignored. I got up and approached my clothing chest. I opened it to find clothes - as expected - before pulling all of them out and dumping them onto the floor. I grinned once I found the sack I was looking for. 

It wasn't particularly big but everything I needed for a sudden journey was there.

I hung it over my shoulder and then returned to the secret cellar door. I jumped in and had Hak close it before telling the two of them to follow me again.

"What's in there?" The two males asked in curiosity.

I paused before answering.

"Stuff." Was all I said and the two gave me glares in return. I couldn't help but snicker under my breath as I felt their glares boring through the back of my head. I soon spotted another familiar sign on the wall and then pressed on it, revealing the forest that surrounded the kingdom of Kouka.

"We're here!" I said.