Chapter 3

It's my second day and I'm already ditching. Great. Once we all get squished into Michael's car, he drives us to a small cafe outside of town. Ashton goes up to the counter and orders us each a coffee.

The boys and I squish into a small booth, with Ashton, Luke and Michael on one side, and me and Calum on the other. Michael sat directly across from me, quietly sipping his coffee while the other boys talked about random things. "Hey Mike," Calum snapped his fingers in front of Michael's face, "have you told her yet?" Michael shakes his head, nervously.

"Um. You're probably going to think that we're weird or something but-" I cut Michael off.

"Jesus Michael, just spit it out." He rolled his eyes and continued talking.

"Anyways, like I was saying. We're in a band." He gestured toward the other boys and himself.

I practically squealed, "What? No! Seriously?!?!" I was shocked, to say the least. I wouldn't normally peg Michael as being a guy that's in a band.

The other boys laughed at me. "Haha yes, we're in a band. It's called 5 Seconds of Summer. I'm on lead vocals, Michael's on lead guitar, Calum backup vocals and bass, and Ashton on drums." Luke says. I've noticed whenever the boys talk about their passions their eyes light up and sparkle.

"That's amazing guys! I would love to hear you practice sometime." I smiled at them.

"Oh god, we're not that good." Michael groaned.

I looked toward Ashton, to listen for his input. "If we have a gig, we must be alright." Michael just rolled his eyes at Ashton. A gig? Wow, they must be really good.

For the rest of the time at the cafe, they boys talked about their band while I just sat back and listened. It made me happy to think that these boys were so passionate about music, and that they're following their dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~

"My parents are out of town, so since today is Friday we can hang here the whole weekend." Luke said when we got back from the cafe. Michael pulls into a large house, that I'm assuming is Luke's. He parks the car, and the boys run out of the car toward the house.

I take a deep breath and get out of the car. Michael leads me to the door, and I look up at him. "Are you guys sure you want me to stay?" I ask nervously.

"Of course. They even want you to stay the whole weekend." Michael smiles reassuringly. "Do you need to call your parents?" I stopped in my tracks. I could feel the blood rush out of my face. I knew that Michael could tell that something was wrong, because he kept apologizing.

I don't know if I can trust him... I pulled my sleeves down, so they're way over my hands. Michael looks concerned, but I knew that he truly didn't care. I have to be careful. He is probably one of those boys who just want you for sex.

I can feel tears forming in my eyes, threatening to pour out. Suddenly I'm unaware of my surroundings, and I can feel arms around my waist and I'm being carried. I assume this person is Michael. No one can stop me when I'm having an attack, no one. I start crying, the tears pouring out of my eyes. I am sat down on a couch, and Michael sits next to me. I look up at him, and he looks scared. I'm terrified.

He hugs me again, and starts rubbing my back and whispering things into my ear to try and calm me down. "Breathe. Just breathe, Cassie. I'm here. You're going to be okay. Breathe." Michael whispers. My breathing slowly returns to normal, and my crying gradually stops. I hug him tighter, and I hear him whisper something.