Chapter 16

He pulled away and smiled. "I take that as a yes?"

I smiled back at him and cuddled into his chest. "Yes." I whispered.

"I love you Cassie."

"I love you Michael."

And with that we feel asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was around 9 when I woke up. I opened my eyes and saw that the bed was empty. I was cold, no longer having Michael's body heat against me. I got up and went downstairs to find the boys making breakfast.

"Morning." I yawned and grabbed a cup of coffee.

Michael came up to me and put his arms around my waist and kissed my neck. "Morning babe."

I laughed. The other boy's jaws dropped. "W-what!?" Calum asked.

"You two are dating?" Luke spit out his coffee. "Since when?"

"Last night." Michael laughed.

"Oh god please tell me you didn't do anything." Luke covered his ears.

"You guys are disgusting." I glared at Luke and walked back upstairs to change.

I had a lot of outfits here at Luke's, since I've basically been living here. My mom doesn't even notice I'm gone. Which I don't mind.

I got dressed into ripped skinny jeans and a red Blink-182 top and wore black converse.

I'm supposed to meet Jessica in half an hour, which meant that I had time to talk with Michael.

He came up shortly after I got dressed and gave me a hug. "Mike?" I asked, playing with the hem of my shirt.

"Yeah?"

I sighed. "I'm meeting Jessica today." His eyes went wide.

"What?! Why? Let me come with you." He said.

"Why?"

He sighed. "I know her. I started texting a random number a few years ago and we started talking about our problems. Then the other day I took some pills and I was hallucinating and I was about to jump and she was there. Well, maybe she was there I don't know." He said.

I started to get tears in my eyes. "Pills? Jumping?" I stood up and started pacing around the room. "That's why you were in the hospital! You were going to jump but then she stopped you then you got hit." I was crying now. I shook my head and started shaking. "I can't believe I did that to you. I can't do this, Mike! I made you want to commit suicide!"

I fell onto my knees and cried harder.

"I'm such a horrible person! I don't fucking deserve you. You need someone better. I can't live with myself knowing that I basically killed the love of my life." I cried.

"Don't. Don't ever say that again. Never say that you can't live with yourself. Don't you dare think about doing anything. I love you." Michael said sternly.

I got quieter. "But how can you love me when I did that to you?" I whispered between sobs.

"You're my reason to keep fighting. You're pushing me away, and I'm fighting to stay with you. There was a lot of other things going on. I was depressed. Hell, I still am. But I'm fighting. I'm holding on just for you, Cassie. Because I love you. And I will keep fighting because I need to protect you. I can't let you go." He leaned down and picked me up, and my head was against his chest. He sat down on the bed and held me, trying to calm me down.

I won't let go.

I won't let you go either.

Promise?