Chapter Eleven of Wanting Him

Brent and I hopped into Brent's Mustang and drove off with Brad following directly behind us. We pulled onto the Interstate, and Brad was tailgating. A few minutes later, Brad was hitting our rear bumper with his front bumper. It felt like we were in an action movie. If we drove any faster, I was sure the cops were going to chase us. "WAIT! THAT'S IT!", I yelled. "What?! What's it?!" Brent somewhat startled, asked. "Drive as fast as you can!", I said to him. "No, Meagan! I'm not about to go to jail!", Brent exclaimed. "Just listen! If the cops follow us, we can pull over at our exit, and then Brad can't hurt us. We'll tell them everything that happened. Trust me!, I explained. Brent looked at me, concerned, looked at the gas pedal, put the car in 5th gear, and floored it. Brad could just barely keep up. Soon after, we heard police sirens and saw blue flashing lights. We led them to our exit, and there were about 4 or 5 cops. We pulled over in an empty lot, then Brad and all of the cops came running towards Brent's car. "Sir! Hands up!", one of the cops yelled to Brad. Brad then immediately stopped in his tracks, put his hands up, and slowly turned around to face the cops. Two other cops ran towards Brad, while the others ran towards us. "Just put your hands on your head.", I said to Brent, putting my hands on my head. He looked and me, and put his hands on his head. The cops opened our doors and told us to slowly get out and keep our hands on our head. So we did. "May I explain the situation-", I began to say before I was interrupted by one of the cops. "Anything you do or say from this point and on, will be used in court.", and he began to read us our Miranda Rights. As the officers put us in handcuffs,  Brent looked at me in disappointment, anger, and disbelief. I looked at the cops and said, "You see all of these bruises?! They're from him!", I yelled pointing towards Brad. "Ma'am, silence!", a cop yelled to me. "We led you on the chase so you could catch him, and Brent and I wouldn't get hurt!", I replied. The cops all looked at each other and another cop said, "I'm sorry, but we still have to take you in." Brent and I looked at each other, disappointed. "Sorry.", I mouthed to Brent. Brad, Brent, and I were all hand cuffed and got into a different cop car. When I sat down and the cop began to drive, I told the whole story in all honesty. I also wondered what was going on with Brent.

BRENT'S P.O.V
I seriously cannot believe that I'm being taken to juvie! But at least I saved Meagan. After a few minutes of being in the cop car, I decided to tell the whole story, all the truth. "You can call your parents and tell them a brief summary. All three of you may have to go to the juvenile court.", the officer said to me. I looked out of the window and thought about Meagan. I wondered how she was doing with the situation going on. A little while later, we arrived at the juvenile detention place. I saw Brad getting out, looking the angriest I'd ever seen, then saw Meagan, who actually looked pretty calm. The cops walked us in and took us to the phone booth. I called my mom.
Mom: "Hello?"
Me: "Hey mom... Ummm, I'm in a serious situation..."
Mom: "What?! What's the matter?!"
Me: "Well you're probably not going to believe me, but I saved a good friend of mine from being kidnapped, but now I'm in jail for leading the cops on a chase..."
Mom: "No, Brent. That's not even funny. I'm not falling for that like how last time you said you were in jail for robbing Taco Bell's freeze machine as a prank for a video of yours."
Me: "Mom! I promise!"
Mom: "Are you being completely serious?!"
Me: "Yes ma'am..."
Mom: "When I get to you, you're going to wish you were able to stay in jail!"
I was kinda scared now. I didn't think it'd end like this...

MEAGAN'S P.O.V
I decided to call my mom, because she may understand and not be too mad.
Me: "Hi, mommy..."
Mom: "Why are you calling me? What's wrong?"
Me: "It's a long story, but long story short, I'm in jail..."
Mom: "Meagan, if you're trying to be funny, it's not working."
Me: "No! I seriously mean it!"
Mom: "Meagan, we've only been here for a few days. You can't already be in jail!"
Me: "Well... I am..."
Mom: "If I go down to the juvenile place, and find out that all of this was just a joke, I'm going to be highly pissed off, spank you in front of everyone, then ground you!"
Me: "But it's not a prank..."
Mom: "Uuggghhhh!"
She hung up, and I knew she was highly pissed off. I had no clue what to expect. After we all had called our parents, Brent and I were put into a separate holding cell, and Brad had to serve two months in juvie. Both Brent's parents and my parents showed up at about the same time. All of them looked highly ticked off. The cop opened my cell door, and then Brent's. Brent and I hugged each other, then looked at our parents in worry, and walked up to them. My mom took me into her arms, then gave me a very angry look. As we were walking out, I told her everything. Even the real reasons for the bruises. I wasn't in trouble. She held me and told me that I did a very brave and smart thing, and she was actually proud.

BRENT'S P.O.V
I looked at my mom, terrified. I slowly walked towards her and she looked at me, ticked off, with her hands on her hips. "Mom, I know you're mad, but-" I began to tell her until she hugged me tight and teared up. She looked at me dead in my eyes and said, "I'm so proud of you, my brave, young man. I'm a little upset, but I understand why you did what you did. The cops told me everything. Both you, and the girl you saved told the same story. The other guy's story didn't make any sense. You're a true hero. Where is the girl you saved?" I looked at my mom in shock, then answered, "Oh... Uh... She left with her mom." My mom looked a little disappointed, then replied, "Well I wanted to talk to her and make sure she's alright." I looked at my mom, and told her about Meagan. "Well as soon as we get home, I'm going to bake her and her family some cookies as a thank you and a welcome to the neighborhood. You're helping too." I smiled and nodded. We drove straight home, walked in, and began cooking. I hope Meagan isn't in too much trouble.

MEAGAN'S P.O.V
I got home, grabbed a snack, then went in my room. It was tired. I looked out of my window and saw that Brent and his family were home. I really hope that I didn't get him into trouble. I wanted to text him, but what if his parents took his phone and never want me to talk to him again?! Oh geez! I kept thinking about Brent, and eventually fell asleep.

Author's Note: Hey mah homaayyysss! I hope you all had a fabulous day and enjoyed this chapter. The next chapter has some hard core flirting mixed with some romance! Oo la la! Sorry for the small spoiler. Just thought I'd let you know so you can look forward to it. How'd you guys think this chapter was going to turn out? Not sure if some of you expected some of this stuff. Anyways, thanks again all of you for reading! I love yooouuu!