Chapter Eighteen of Wanting Him

After a while, the movie had ended. The popcorn bucket only had kernels in it, so I decided to be funny and put them in my mouth and spit them at Brent. So one after another, I was firing them at Brent. He grabbed a handful and spat them at me. We ran out of the movie room, spitting kernels at one another. I was running from Brent, but he caught up to me, grabbed me from behind with his arms around my waist, hugging me me from behind, reaching his lips over to my cheek, and kissing me on the cheek. Then, while he was kissing me on the cheek, he spat a kernel at me, so I began to fire back. After a little over 5 minutes of spitting kernel seeds at each other, we were out. Worn out, we dragged ourselves to a table out in the lobby of the theatre, just laughing until we could no longer breathe and tears rolling out of our eyes. My stomach hurt from laughing so hard. If I could, I'd re-live this whole entire night over and over again. After we caught our breath, we walked out to Brent's car, and Brent did his usual gentleman routine for me with opening doors and such. He's a true gentleman, like the ones from the cute, old fashioned movies that every girl dreams of. Brent looked at his phone, then said, "It's 12:56... I have to take you home now." I sighed and replied, "I don't want to go home. I had the best night of my life. I don't want it to end." I checked my phone, and I had a several missed calls and texts. Most of them from my mom. I immediately called her back.
MOM: "Hello"
ME: "Hey"
MOM: "How's it going?"
ME: "Amazing!"
MOM: "That's great to hear! I'm glad! What time will you be home?"
ME: "We're about to head home now."
MOM: "Okay, your dad will wait for you to get home."
ME: "Okay."
MOM: "Love you!"
ME: "Love you too!"

I looked at Brent with a confused look.  He chuckled and asked why I was giving him a confused look. "My mom didn't freak out for not answering the phone and being out so late." Brent smiled and said, "Well, I told both of your parents the whole plan for tonight while you were upstairs in your room getting ready. I told them it'd be a little after one in the morning before you came home. They were just fine with it." Brent is so responsible. I am beyond thankful for him. "Awwhhh! Thank you so much!", I answered. "You're so welcome!", Brent replied with a smile. Brent started his car, and of course, I turned on the radio. We drove home, singing, dancing, and having the time of our lives. After a bit of driving, we pulled into our neighborhood. I really didn't want to go home. We pulled into my driveway, and Brent parked his car, and shut it off. We talked for a several minutes about random things. "Thank you so so very much for literally everything! This has seriously been the best night of my life!", I said to Brent. Brent smiled, held my hands with his hands, and said, "It's been my pleasure. I had the best night of my life too. Thank you for coming with me." We paused for a moment, then I said, "I hope we can do it again!"     "Of course we will!", Brent said with enthusiasm. We paused for another brief moment, then Brent asked, "Can I ask you a question?" I smiled and answered, "You sure can! Ask away!"

Author's Note: Wow guys! Sorry! I didn't realize how short this chapter was! It's shorter than Daisy Duke shorts! Shorter than summer break! Shorter than my attention span! Shorter than, well I don't know. You get the point. 😂😂😂😂 Anyways, I don't think I'll be able to update tomorrow, I have school and right after school I go to work. 😒 But I will still try to update! I love you all so much, and thank you very much for reading! It makes me happier than you'll ever know! 😄 Again, sorry the chapter is so friggin short.