Chapter Twenty-Two of Wanting Him

"Meagan! What are you doing?!", Brent asked while yelling.     "Hey, shut up! Nobody said you could talk!", one guy fired back at Brent.   "Brent, you can talk.", I said to Brent then looked up at the guys and said, "There, someone said he could talk." I grinned at their reactions. They look like they had enough of my smart mouth. "Now are you going to slit my throat or not?", I asked in a smart tone.   "You'd rather have your throat slit than to date Brad?", the guy holding the knife to my neck asked.   "Yeah.", I answered, paused, then began to explain, "But you aren't going to slit my throat because Brad wants me back, and how can he have me back of I'm dead? This was all a way to scare me back into dating Brad again."    

     "Damn dude! She's smart! A lot smarter than Brad said. She is honestly too good for him.", one guy said to the other five guys.     "Why do you guys do what ever Brad tells you to? Does he pay you? Reward you? Do anything for you?", I asked the six guys. 

      They stood there for a minute, just thinking until one guy snapped, "That's none of your concern." The guys who said that is Nate. I know because I heard one of the other guys say it.   "Well you guys are the ones under his stupid games now. Here you are, wasting your money to come all the way over here to torture people you never met. Why? Because Brad said to. What do you get out of it? Nothing but more things he wants you to do without a reward. You guys aren't his friends. You're his tools. He uses you guys when he needs you, then throws you out to rust and rot when he's done. Soon, you'll be replaced. Dogs get better rewards than you guys. You are doing everything he says for nothing. I was strong enough and smart enough to leave Brad. How about instead of torturing Brent and I, you guys go and enjoy the beach like the teenagers you want to be. Not slaves. You're all better than this. I know it. Go pick you up some beach babes. Reward yourselves.", I explained to them.
    They all stood there a minute, stunned, absorbing everything I told them.   "Dang. I have never thought about that. And everything she said is true. We listen to him for no reason then get in trouble because of him. I quit! I'm done 'working' for Brad.", Nate said then he stormed out of the room. Well one down, five to go. 

     "You made some good points, Ms. Meagan. You're a very smart and strong girl. We'll let you go if you swear not to say anything to anyone.", one of the guys, Zak, said to me.  "I won't say anything if you guys swear not to torture anyone anymore." The guys untied Brent and I and shook on our deal. Brent and I then hugged each other tighter than before. "I love you so so so much!", I said to Brent.    "I love you too, you crazy girl!", Brent answered back.    "This is like a romance movie!", Zak said with teary eyes. Brent and I laughed a little, then just stood there hugging each other. It was like the rest of the world was shut out and it was just me and Brent.  "I'm glad you're okay.", I said to Brent.   "I'm glad you're okay too! You had me so scared for a while. I really thought you were going to get your throat slit. But you knew their plan all along. You're so smart! I don't think I would have ever thought about that! I was very impressed! It was like a spy movie or something." , Brent said. I laughed and playfully hit him on his shoulder.

      We stood there for a minute, then Brent and I embraced each other with a hug. A few moments later, the rest of the guys were hugging us too. It was sweet and funny. We eventually let go of each other and I remembered about Madison and Jazmyne. I told the guys and we all got in their car and headed back to the beach.

       We had stopped by a store on the way to the beach so I could buy some make-up so cover up mine and Brent's bruises and cuts. When we got to the beach, we stayed in the car for a while to cover up the wounds. We then got out of the car, and the guys went their own way and Brent and I walked over to my truck to put the make-up in my truck. After I placed the make-up in the truck, closed the door, and turned around, Brent came up to me and out his hands around my waist, pulling me close to him, and we began to kiss.