Chapter Ten: Red Eyes

It felt so good to be sleeping in my own bed again; I smile to myself as stretch my arms out nice and wide. Oddly enough, my hand bumps something. Something hard, I raise a brow and feel the object that I touch. It felt like a face. “Love, I know you love looking at me, but I’m quite uncomfortable right now with all the touching.” I hear Xavier say. I immediately pull away and sit straight up as I stare at him with wide eyes. Xavier grins as he props on an elbow and looks at me. “Good morning, lovely.” He greets me. I look at him; he was shirtless, which probably meant that he was naked too. Oh god, I looked down and noticed that I was fully clothed, thank god. 

I look back up at him. “Why the hell are you naked?” I ask him slowly as I pull my eyes away from his chest.

Xavier chuckles and lies back onto his back as he puts his hands behind his head. “Kris, I always sleep naked.” He tells me. “You’ve just never really noticed because you fell asleep faster than me, or we’ve busy at it.” He says with a wider grin that before. I blush at the thought before I shake my head and shudder slightly.

“Yeah, I’ll just go get changed.” I tell him as I roll out of the bed and quickly rushed to the bathroom. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen him like that, since I’ve been recovering. By the time I was dressed, Xavier was casually lounging around my room, looking at some photos on my dresser. “Some of those were taken ages ago,” I say from where I stood. Xavier doesn’t turn, but I know that he heard me. “What are you looking at?” I ask him.

Xavier shakes his head. “No, it’s nothing.” He says, but I don’t let it slide. Xavier turns and sees my expression, he smiles and strolls up to me. “It’s really nothing.” He repeats before he gently plants a kiss on my cheek.

I sigh, I guess it wasn’t important.

Walking up to my dresser, I smile to myself as pick up my favourite photo. It was one of me when I was child in Paris, by the Eiffel towers, my parents were in it. I smiled back at them, but then something caught my eye. A pair of red eyes…  I don’t recall seeing that before in the photo, I took the photo off the dresser and met Chase in the kitchen. He was cooking a pair of eggs over the hot stove. “Hey, can you do something for me?” I ask him as I look at the photo again. “Chase?” I look up and see him doing the Harlem shake. “Oh god,” I mutter under my breath before I yanked out the headphones from his ears. “Can you please pay attention for once?” I snapped at him.

He seemed startled. “Sorry, Kris, I just never really heard you walk in.” He told me with a sly smile. “You know, cause you’re undead.” He says matter-of-factly. He offs the stove fire as he plates his eggs.

I roll my eyes in response before I hand the photo to him. “So I need you to enlarge this little area for me,” I say to him as I point to where I think I see a pair of red eyes. “Can you do that for me?” I ask him as I smile at him sweetly.

Chase grins as he leans forward and closer to me. “I don’t know love,” He says lowly. “Will your husband be very jealous?” He asks me teasingly.

“Only if you violate me.”              

Chase ruffles my hair and grins as he pulls away. “Consider yourself violated.” He says proudly.

“I beg your pardon?” We both turn to see Xavier in the door way, naturally, a frown on his face and his eyes glaring at Chase. “Did you just violate my wife?” He says dangerously as he takes a step forward.

Chase laughs sheepishly. “Well, if you need me,” He tells me as he begins to back out of the door. “I’ll be heading to lab to do what you asked me to do.” He quickly picks up his plate of eggs and rushes out the door of the kitchen, the photograph safely tucked under his arm.

“Kris,” Xavier says as he walks up to me. “Must you always break my heart?” He asks me.

I raise a brow. “What do you mean?”

“That intimacy you two have and the violating as well.”

I laugh at him. “I married you didn’t I?” I told him.

Xavier frowns. “You didn't exactly have a choice.”

"Exactly."