Chapter Eleven.

I slept the whole plane ride, and even most of the way to his house. I just couldn't keep my eyes open. I wished we could have just went and stayed at the hotel with the rest of the team. At least that was Charlie could help me get ready to meet his family for the first time instead of me just winging it.

"Baby, we're here." Patrick whispered, causing me to stir.  

"Just leave me here. And you can go see your family." I replied, pulling my sweatshirt tighter around my frame. 

"Yes. I'm going to leave you in this car, and let you drive away. What about the way I pursued you makes you believe that any of that is going to happen?" He chuckled lightly. 

He took both my hands, and helped me out of the car. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, and cuddled close to him as he walked to the door. 

He unlocked it, and led us inside the large dark house. I couldn't see much, but what I could looked absolutely gorgeous. We went to the basement, and over to a large room. It had a four poster king size bed against the far wall, a walk in closet off the left side of the bed, and what looked to be an en suite on the other side of the room. 

There was so much to take in, and yet my eyelids refused to cease from closing. 

"I'm sorry." I mumbled into his chest.

"You're fine." He chuckled, leading me over to the bed, and laying me down. "I'm just changing into something more comfortable, and then I'll be in bed with you."

He lightly kissed my forehead and tucked me in. I was asleep before he got more than two steps away.

---

I woke up with my head on his chest. It was amazing how I always seemed to wake up touching him, even in the slightest way. Sometimes it would be just holding hands, and other times I would have my legs intertwined with his, my head on his chest, and my arms clutching onto him. I had never felt more secure in anything. 

I was three months clean from pills, I wasn't as fearful of things that I was before, and I actually had friends. I smiled thinking about how far I had come since I had even met Patrick. He changed my life. 

I let my eyes adjust to the small amount of light that was streaming into the room, and I got out of bed. I went over to the en suite and turned on the shower. There was no way I was meeting my boyfriend's family looking like crap. I showered, and curled my hair into loose curls. I applied the lightest amount of makeup, and put on some skinny jeans, one of Patrick's white shirts that he gave me, and a sweater. I looked decent, worthy of meeting a boyfriend's family.  

I went back out into the bedroom, where Patrick was just waking up. He rubbed his eyes, and then realized I wasn't in bed with him. His face when from relaxed to panicked, back to relaxed when he saw me standing there. 

"Did you think I left?" I laughed softly. 

"I thought they got to you before I could prepare you." He smiled at me. "You look beautiful." 

"Thanks." I said, blushing. He still found ways to make me blush everyday. 

"Come here." he said, holding his arms out for me. 

I walked over, sat on the bed, and rested against his chest once more. Any nerves that I had for meeting his family melted away. I never thought I would ever find anyone to be comfortable with. My family had ruined so much of my life and trust, that I didn't know if I would every be able to be close to anyone ever. 

I looked up to him, and kissed him gently. 

"What was that for?" He asked, amused.

"Because I felt like it." I smiled.