Chapter Thirteen.

The first night with Patrick was hard. I was exhausted from the pill and the stress, but we had to keep Patrick awake. He kept insisting I sleep, but I didn't want to do that to him. I was trying to just tell him. I needed to tell him everything. But I just couldn't. The words never came. Instead it was just long days filled with lots of talking and laughter. It was actually great.

"So we can't get Mr. Darcy a wife?" Patrick pouted.

"We already have to get someone to watch Darcy every time we go out of town, and it breaks my heart every time we have to." I said, smiling up at Patrick.

We were laying on his bed, my head on his chest, and him playing with my hair. Mr. Darcy was asleep at the foot of the bed.

"But he's so cute, and they could have a little puppy wedding. He could wear a tux." Patrick said, trying to get me to agree.

"That would be cute. But we just can't." I laughed.

"What about you then?" He asked.

"Why would I marry a dog?" I rolled my eyes.

"That's not what I mean. How do you feel about getting married?" He asked.

My cheeks immediately flushed. This was all too fast.

"I don't know." I said quietly.

"I don't mean now." He laughed. "I just mean in the future. Would you ever want to get married? And not even just to me. Like period."

"I've never really thought about it." I admitted.

"Why's that?" He asked.

"I never thought I would ever be with anyone period. So I've never given it a second thought." I said, playing with my hands nervously.

"What do you think now?" he asked, his voice unnaturally shakey.

I thought about it. Could I do it? Marriage? Children? Staying with him forever? I was happy with him, happier than I ever thought possible. I didn't want this to end.

"I could marry you." I smiled up at him.

"That's good to know." He smiled up at the ceiling, his wheels clearly turning.

Oh how things had changed.

---

"Are you almost ready?" Patrick called out to me.

We had to go to the game tonight, then we were all going out afterwards. All the player's with kid's got sitters, well the ones that could, did. But I had to sit up in the suite with the wives. And they had the suite that we were all watching the game from.

Needless to say I was stressed. I had only been around all the wives and girlfriends a few times, and I mostly just stuck with Charlie. My shyness had gone nowhere and never helped any situations.

So here I was, straightening my tank top for the millionth time, and critiquing my choice of shoes.

"Yeah, "I yelled out at him. "I'll be out in a second."

I didn't want to do this. I liked staying home and watching movies and cuddling. It seemed so simple, but it was my favorite thing about us. Neither one of us felt obligated to go out and make a big deal about anything. But now we had to go out, and be social with other couples.

"Babe, please." He said walking in, but stopped in his track.

"What?" I said, my face falling. I didn't think I looked THAT bad.

"It just hits me sometimes how lucky I am." He said, walking over, and placing his hands on my hips.

"Yeah right." I muttered, rolling my eyes.